You are cordially invited to attend the SAVE THE FROGS! World Summit in Northern Virginia on April 27th & 28th, 2018, on the occasion of the 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day!
At this once in a lifetime event we will:
- Celebrate the 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day and our organization's first decade of protecting amphibian populations and promoting a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife.
- Learn all about amphibians as well as past, present & future amphibian conservation projects.
- Enjoy live presentations by SAVE THE FROGS! staff, volunteers and environmental professionals from around the world.
- Meet and network with lots of SAVE THE FROGS! supporters, volunteers, biologists and frog enthusiasts.
- Find and photograph wild frogs in their native habitats on a field excursion the night of the 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day.
- Enjoy a live classical music performance on the eve of Save The Frogs Day, featuring SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger on bansuri (bamboo flute of northern India), accompanied by one of his favorite Indian drummers on tabla.
- Have a fabulous, frog-filled, unforgettable time on this momentous occasion.
Learn more and pre-register below!
"Looking forward to the World Summit and learning more about what I can do to SAVE THE FROGS!."
Mindy Meadows, Tenessee
Our goal is to hold a World Summit annually to bring our community of frog savers together; to create enjoyable educational and field experiences; to increase connection between SAVE THE FROGS! supporters; and to facilitate networking and partnership opportunities for amphibian conservationists.
Frog populations have been declining worldwide at unprecedented rates, and nearly one-third of the world’s amphibian species are threatened with extinction. Since 2008, SAVE THE FROGS! has been at the forefront of worldwide amphibian conservation efforts. Our mission is to protect amphibian populations and to promote a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife. Our global network of staff, volunteers and donors have organized over 2,000 educational events in 57+ countries, helping to raise awareness, implement new legislation, create and restore wildlife habitat, empower the next generation of amphibian conservationists and introduce millions of people to the wild world of frogs.
SAVE THE FROGS! is a 501(c)(3) public charity, funded primarily by donations from nature enthusiasts like you. If you share our vision of a world in which amphibians and humans co-exist and the sounds of frogs calling still fills the nighttime air, please support our efforts by donating to SAVE THE FROGS! today. Thank you and enjoy the website, which has over 1,000 pages of freely accessible information!
Join SAVE THE FROGS! in the Ecuadorian Amazon for the adventure of a lifetime! We will be exploring the deep Amazon in search of frogs and other wildlife in one of the most biodiverse regions on Earth. If you have questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 878-6525.
We are pleased to announce that a brand new SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour will take place July 1st to 7th, 2018! We will explore the Yasuni Biosphere Reserve in the heart of the Amazon rainforest and stay at the La Selva Amazon Ecolodge, a spectacular destination near the border of Yasuni National Park. We will have an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph amphibians and an array of other wildlife.
The final day to express interest in the July 2018 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour is March 2nd, 2018!
- Trip Cost
- Sign Up
- Photos from our 2016 Ecuador Ecotour
- Photos from our 2017 Ecuador Ecotour
- Are you ready to sign up? Please fill out the Expression of Interest Form and we will be in touch with you soon!
- We hope to see you in Ecuador!
"We never would have imagined the powerful connections we made with both the group and the amazing country of Ecuador and it's beautiful people. We are forever grateful for your friendship. We are forever changed by our experiences. We will see both you and Ecuador again."
-- Kelly Geer, Participant of the 2016 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour
Photo from la Selva Amazon Ecolodge courtesy Ruth Van Sciver. Read Ruth's La Selva story here.
"I can honestly say it was the best trip of my life (and I've travelled a lot!)”
- Melissa Steele-Ogus, 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour Participant
We invite you to join the 2nd Annual SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour (July 14th to 25th, 2018), which will encompass the rainforest, cloud forest, volcanoes and an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph amphibians. Costa Rica has an incredible array of biodiversity, landscapes and ecosystems. Costa Rica is home to 205 known amphibian species all within a very small geographical area. There are lots of frogs to be found, making Costa Rica a perfect place for a SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour.
The SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour is truly an experience of a lifetime. We carefully chose locations that are amazing, unique and thoroughly unforgettable, and that offer the best in travel, wildlife, culture and education. This family friendly ecotour has been designed to be fun, safe and interesting for travelers of all ages. In July 2017, we led our inaugural SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour and it was a huge success. We aim to make the 2018 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour to Costa Rica even better!
- Search for poison dart frogs, red-eyed tree frogs, monkeys, sloths, parrots, toucans and more on nature trails and a canopy skywalk.
- Observe wildlife on private boat cruises through dense jungles
- Witness nesting sea turtles
- Join a community of passionate, dedicated frog lovers for the experience of a lifetime
- Learn all about amphibians, tropical rainforests, environmental conservation and how ecotourism benefits the Costa Rican flora and fauna.
- Your participation directly funds SAVE THE FROGS! worldwide amphibian conservation efforts
Questions? Ready to sign up?
- Please complete the expression of interest form if you would like to join us in Costa Rica.
- If you have questions, please email us at: email@example.com
- Or call 415-878-6525 and leave a message...a SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour Leader will get back to you as soon as possible!
We hope to see you in Costa Rica!
"This truly is the trip of a lifetime - getting to spend twelve days in Costa Rica learning about frogs with the SAVE THE FROGS! team."
-- Beth Pratt, Participant on the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour
Most Recent Articles
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)