Frog populations have been declining worldwide at unprecedented rates, and nearly one-third of the world’s amphibian species are threatened with extinction. Since 2008, SAVE THE FROGS! has been at the forefront of worldwide amphibian conservation efforts. Our mission is to protect amphibian populations and to promote a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife. Our global network of staff, volunteers and donors have organized over 2,000 educational events in 57+ countries, helping to raise awareness, implement new legislation, create and restore wildlife habitat, empower the next generation of amphibian conservationists and introduce millions of people to the wild world of frogs.
SAVE THE FROGS! is a 501(c)(3) public charity, funded primarily by donations from nature enthusiasts like you. If you share our vision of a world in which amphibians and humans co-exist and the sounds of frogs calling still fills the nighttime air, please support our efforts by donating to SAVE THE FROGS! today. Thank you and enjoy the website, which has over 1,000 pages of freely accessible information!
Two spaces have recently become available on the June 2018 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour!
If you would like to join us in Ecuador, please email us at email@example.com with Ecuador Ecotour in the subject line.
Have you ever wanted to explore the Amazon rainforest, learn from experts about tropical ecology, or experience the beauty of the Andes mountains? How about all three? Well now is your chance to experience all of that and more! We are pleased to announce that the June 2018 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour will take place June 14th to 25th, 2018 and will encompass the Amazon rainforest, the Andes mountains, the cloud forests, and an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph amphibians. If you have questions, please contact us.
"We never would have imagined the powerful connections we made with both the group and the amazing country of Ecuador and it's beautiful people. We are forever grateful for your friendship. We are forever changed by our experiences. We will see both you and Ecuador again."
-- Kelly Geer, Participant of the 2016 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour
We hope to see you in Ecuador!
"I can honestly say it was the best trip of my life (and I've travelled a lot!)”
- Melissa Steele-Ogus, 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour Participant
Fabulous news for any frog enthusiast who wants to join the greatest force for amphibians the world has ever known: SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships are coming very soon! If you want to join our worldwide environmental movement, please add your name to the waitlist using the form below, and we will inform you the day we begin accepting new members. Thank you for your support!
Earth Day Frog Art by Nick Gustafson
The SAVE THE FROGS! newsletter is the best way you can stay up to date with everything happening in the world of amphibian conservation.
We appreciate your interest in our amphibian conservation efforts, so let's stay in touch! Our newsletter is written by our worldwide network of amphibian conservationists and is the best way to learn all about frogs and how you can save them. Sign up to get all the latest frog news, updates and event announcements.
"I'm always impressed by your e-mail newsletter. I've actually brought samples of it to other organizations that I work with to give them an example of what a really good newsletter looks like: interesting, compelling, bright and professional." -- Anastasia Torres-Gil
We invite you to join the 2nd Annual SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour (July 14th to 25th, 2018), which will encompass the rainforest, cloud forest, volcanoes and an abundance of opportunities to find and photograph amphibians. Costa Rica has an incredible array of biodiversity, landscapes and ecosystems. Costa Rica is home to 205 known amphibian species all within a very small geographical area. There are lots of frogs to be found, making Costa Rica a perfect place for a SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour.
The SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour is truly an experience of a lifetime. We carefully chose locations that are amazing, unique and thoroughly unforgettable, and that offer the best in travel, wildlife, culture and education. This family friendly ecotour has been designed to be fun, safe and interesting for travelers of all ages. In July 2017, we led our inaugural SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour and it was a huge success. We aim to make the 2018 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour to Costa Rica even better!
- Search for poison dart frogs, red-eyed tree frogs, monkeys, sloths, parrots, toucans and more on nature trails and a canopy skywalk.
- Observe wildlife on private boat cruises through dense jungles
- Witness nesting sea turtles
- Join a community of passionate, dedicated frog lovers for the experience of a lifetime
- Learn all about amphibians, tropical rainforests, environmental conservation and how ecotourism benefits the Costa Rican flora and fauna.
- Your participation directly funds SAVE THE FROGS! worldwide amphibian conservation efforts
Questions? Ready to sign up?
- Please complete the expression of interest form if you would like to join us in Costa Rica.
- If you have questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 415-878-6525 and leave a message...a SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour Leader will get back to you as soon as possible!
We hope to see you in Costa Rica!
"This truly is the trip of a lifetime - getting to spend twelve days in Costa Rica learning about frogs with the SAVE THE FROGS! team."
-- Beth Pratt, Participant on the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour
You are cordially invited to attend the SAVE THE FROGS! World Summit, which will take place online April 27th & 28th, 2018, on the occasion of the 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day!
During the World Summit, we will:
- Celebrate the 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day and our organization's first decade of protecting amphibian populations and promoting a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife.
- Learn all about amphibians as well as past, present & future amphibian conservation projects.
- Enjoy live presentations by SAVE THE FROGS! staff, volunteers and environmental professionals from around the world.
- Have a fabulous, frog-filled, unforgettable time connecting with fellow frog enthusiasts from around the world on this momentous occasion.
"Looking forward to the World Summit and learning more about what I can do to SAVE THE FROGS!."
Mindy Meadows, Tenessee
SAVE THE FROGS! supporters are spread around the planet. The World Summit will bring our community of frog savers together; provide enjoyable and informative amphibian education; increase connection between SAVE THE FROGS! supporters; and facilitate networking and partnership opportunities for amphibian conservationists.
Most Recent Articles
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit ONLINE: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh