Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
Parent Category: About About
Category: Our Mission Our Mission
Created: 02 June 2017 02 June 2017
Amphibian populations have been rapidly disappearing worldwide. SAVE THE FROGS! was founded in 2008 as America's first public charity dedicated exclusively to amphibian conservation. The specific objectives and purposes of SAVE THE FROGS! are:
- To educate the public concerning the necessity of protecting the world’s amphibian populations, and to provide businesses, governments, schools, scientists, and members of the public with information and capabilities that will enable them to protect amphibian populations;
- To sponsor seminars, lectures and other educational events where community leaders, government and organizational representatives, and concerned members of the public may meet to exchange ideas, suggest solutions, and implement strategies to protect amphibian populations;
- To create and restore amphibian habitat and to train and inspire landowners and biologists to do likewise;
- To conduct worldwide scientific research aimed at stopping amphibian extinctions, and to disseminate the results of this research to the public;
- To meet with governmental representatives, report to governmental committees, agencies, and boards; and generally to attempt to help local, state, and federal lawmakers establish enforceable legislation to help protect wetland areas and amphibian populations;
- To challenge policies and proposals that harm or have the likely outcome of harming amphibian populations;
- To provide awards, grants and scholarships to dedicated individuals and organizations involved in amphibian conservation; and
- To expand and redefine our educational and environmental programs from time to time as necessary to meet the continuing challenge of protecting the world’s amphibian populations.
You can share your thoughts about the SAVE THE FROGS! Statement of Purpose by leaving feedback on our Feedback page!
SAVE THE FROGS! informational booth, California, 2013