- Written by STF! Webmaster STF! Webmaster
- Category: About About
- Created: 23 May 2018 23 May 2018
Effective May 23rd, 2018
Please Read Carefully Before Using This Website:
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
SAVE THE FROGS! does not and will not sell or rent to any third party your personal information or the data you provide to us. Primarily, we use personal data to deliver you services related to SAVE THE FROGS! and provide you an enhanced experience. We may use personal data to provide you with predictions about SAVE THE FROGS! or other environmental/educational programs and offerings you may be interested in. If we intend to use your personal data in a way we have not mentioned, we will let you know when we collect that information. Sometimes we aggregate user data anonymously to understand our customer base better.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
SAVE THE FROGS! and its subsidiaries and affiliates (the "SAVE THE FROGS! Related Companies") may also use your Personal Data and other personally non-identifiable information collected through the Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users and to improve the SAVE THE FROGS! Services. SAVE THE FROGS! and its affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us using our contact info below.
SAVE THE FROGS! is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
If we sell or merge the corporation, personal data may be included in the transfer. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
SAVE THE FROGS! like many nonprofits and businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
SAVE THE FROGS! may use your Personal Data to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work and you can opt out of targeted advertising from Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads and from Google at: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info
We also use Google Analytics and StatCounter to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
When you visit the Site, we may collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
SAVE THE FROGS! may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation,
- Protect and defend the rights or property of SAVE THE FROGS!,
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or
- Protect against legal liability.
Third-Party Service Integration
For you to use SAVE THE FROGS!, we may need to store credentials for third-party services (Gmail, ActiveCampaign, etc). They are only used to access data you tell us to. We may log certain non-identifiable information to provide support and fix problems. You may need to authenticate, register for or log into Third-Party Services through the Service or on the websites of their respective providers. When you enable linking between or log in to Third-Party Services through the Service, we will collect relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Third-Party Service and your data and content contained within that Third-Party Service ("Login Credentials"). We store your Login Credentials long enough to enable linking to the Third-Party Service.
SAVE THE FROGS! uses Third-Party Services to process payments. SAVE THE FROGS! does not collect or store credit card or other payment information other than the transaction receipts, and these receipts do not contain credit card details.
SAVE THE FROGS! takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to SAVE THE FROGS! via the Internet.
Contact SAVE THE FROGS!
SAVE THE FROGS!
1968 S Coast Hwy Suite 622
Laguna Beach, CA 92651 USA
+1 415 878 6525
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)