You can find all the SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest info here. Pretty soon we will have it all migrated to this page!
- Written by Jay Manchand Jay Manchand
- Parent Category: Media Media
- Category: Art Art
- Created: 07 December 2017 07 December 2017
I am Jay Manchand, an Amphibian Conservation Artist. I spent much of my childhood searching for amphibians in my back garden, a curiosity that would ignite a passion for a species in danger. I had always found myself studying, drawing and painting frogs, lizards and all kinds of cold blooded creatures. Though my fascination with these incredible animals was clearly reflected in my art, I pursued a bachelors degree (and subsequently a Masters Degree) in Fine Art in order to discover why I had such an affiliation to amphibians and how my art could be used to benefit a species in plight. Many of my illustrations depict amphibians whose conservation status ranges from Least Concern through to Critically Endangered. Through my art, I hope my passion can inspire the same adoration for frogs that I have, and that I can bring the immediacy of threatened species to an audience that are perhaps unaware of the damage we are causing our cold blooded friends through habitat destruction, deforestation & the illegal pet trade.
The 2016 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest received 728 entries from 20 countries! Entries came from Argentina, Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Ecuador, Germany, India, Korea, Malaysia, Namibia, The Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Taiwan, Thailand, South Africa, Vietnam, Ukraine, and the USA.
Thank you to all the artists and to the 29 schools that participated. Congratulations to the Winners and to the Honorable Mentions! Thanks to all our donors and members whose financial support makes this contest possible! Thanks to SAVE THE FROGS! Gainesville and Joyce Orcutt for their assistance.
Please spread the word about frog conservation by posting any of these art images on your website for non-commercial use (preferably linked to our website). Enjoy the art and thank you for drawing awareness to the future of the frogs!
And the winners are...
Chan Hyuk Kim - Grand Prize Winner
Congratulations to Chan Hyuk Kim, 16 years old, from China, the Grand Prize Winner of the 2016 SAVE THE FROGS Art Contest!
Most Recent Articles
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders
- Amanda Cooper on empowering students to save frogs
- One Question Survey
- Building a Wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles County
- Federal Action To Assist Frogs In The Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Buenos Aires Coastal Cleanup