Community

Saving The Louisiana Frogs

Dear Kerry, About 9 years ago I stumbled onto a clump of frog eggs in the ditch next to my home. Since the temperature was reaching 100 + degrees in this Louisiana summer and the water was evaporating from the ditch at a fast rate….I transferred the eggs to a child’s swimming pool in my …

Saving The Louisiana Frogs Read More »

A Note From France

We just received this note from SAVE THE FROGS!’ newest member, Hazel Richards: “Since moving to France, a couple of years ago, my husband and I have been slowly turning our garden into one that is wildlife friendly. We have planted hedges, shrubs, a small copse of hazelnut bushes, a wildflower garden and fruit trees …

A Note From France Read More »

Frogs and Microbes

By Greg Ruthig, Ph.D. I have been interested in amphibians for as long as I can remember. Growing up in upstate New York, I enjoyed finding bright orange red efts in the woods and searching for hours to find spring peepers in the midst of deafening choruses. Although I always knew amphibians were important consumers …

Frogs and Microbes Read More »

Interview with SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger (2009)

Kevin Ruprich’s April 1st, 2009 interview with SAVE THE FROGS! Founder & Executive Director Dr. Kerry Kriger What is your favorite frog? Why is this your favorite? I like the Southern Orange-eyed Treefrog (Litoria chloris), which graces the SAVE THE FROGS! logo and is the central frog in our Frogs of Australia poster. They like to …

Interview with SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger (2009) Read More »

>