Web Analytics

Category Archives for Community

SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Board Member Wins Top International Award!

Congratulations to SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana board member Dr. Caleb Ofori-Boateng for winning the prestigious Future for Nature award. This award is only given to young, exceptionally talented and ambitious conservationists committed to protecting biodiversity. Such beneficiaries should also have shown the ability to inspire and influence communities, governments, investors, organizations and the general public in […]

Continue Reading

Happy New Year from SAVE THE FROGS!

SAVE THE FROGS! wishes all of our dedicated supporters a Happy New Year and best wishes in 2014!

Continue Reading

SAVE THE FROGS! and ASA / ASG

Kumasi, Ghana, 18th December, 2013 – SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana has formed an alliance with the world’s largest partnership for amphibian conservation, Amphibian Survival Alliance (ASA). ASA is headquartered in the United States but work in collaboration with key organizations worldwide to prevent the extinction of frogs. With this new alliance, SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana […]

Continue Reading

2013 Poetry Contest Winners!

Frogs have been disappearing worldwide at alarming rates. Thanks to all this year’s poets for helping to get the word out! The 2013 SAVE THE FROGS! Poetry Contest received 937 entries from 50 countries: Albania, Australia, Barbados, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Egypt, France, Ghana, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, […]

Continue Reading

Nurul Islam of SAVE THE FROGS! Bangladesh wins an International Youth Award

The School Broadcasting Network has awarded Nurul Islam of SAVE THE FROGS! Bangladesh an International Youth Award in recognition of his excellent amphibian conservation and community awareness and outreach projects he is implementing with SAVE THE FROGS!. Nominees were judged on the following criteria: Leadership; Innovation; Initiative; Caring for Community; Outcomes and/or Potential Future Outcomes; […]

Continue Reading

SAVE THE FROGS! Cali receives $1,250 award for amphibian conservation!

Congratulations to SAVE THE FROGS! Cali in Colombia! These dedicated conservationists have been given the Ian Young Award for Amphibian Conservation by SAVE THE FROGS! This $1,200 award will assist their efforts educating children in villages where endangered poison dart frogs are illegally being collected and exported for the international pet trade. Keep up the […]

Continue Reading

2013 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest Winners

The 2013 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest received 3,097 entries from 42 countries! Entries came from: Algeria, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, China, Colombia, Croatia, France, Ghana, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South […]

Continue Reading

Google is helping Save The Krokosua Squeaker Frogs!

You can now visit www.savethefrogs.com/google to donate $1 to assist our efforts to prevent the extinction of the Ghana’s critically endangered Squeaker Frogs. Google has already helped us raise nearly $500, which will enable us to buy 620 tree seedlings to re-forest their degraded habitat. 275 supporters have chipped in and now you can too. Android users can donate via Google’s OneToday […]

Continue Reading

An update from SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana student chapter at the University for Development Studies:

An update from SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana student chapter at the University for Development Studies: “Today we visited the frog market at Kumbugu in the Northern Region of Ghana. We met the frog hunters who took us through what they do. They are basically farmers but hunt for frogs during the lean season of farming […]

Continue Reading

Sam Richards interviews Dr. Kerry Kriger

“Hi Dr. Kriger, My name is Sam Richards, I’m from Westerville, Ohio. I am currently writing for our school newspaper at Westerville North High School. I heard about the Save The Frogs movement via internet and I looked into it more and I think what you’re doing is awesome! I love animals and especially amphibians so […]

Continue Reading