- Written by Faiz Kermani Faiz Kermani
- Parent Category: Community Community
- Category: Politicians Politicians
- Created: 10 July 2017 10 July 2017
Four hundred and twenty-five national, state, and local conservation groups – including SAVE THE FROGS – recently sent a letter to the United States Senate and House leadership to demonstrate their overwhelming support for the popular Endangered Species Act. The organizations argued strongly for maintaining the Act in its current form and not let it be weakened under the guise of efforts to “modernize” or “reform” this legislation. The Act has been under increasing threat in recent months and years.
The Endangered Species Act has wide-ranging benefits for the American people and their families, which is why it needs to be preserved. By protecting healthy communities of plants and animals, it provides key ecosystem services and benefits including clean air, clean water, food, pollination, medicines and of course wildlife viewing opportunities. To date, The Endangered Species Act has a 99 percent success rate in preventing the extinction of those species protected by it.
The strength of The Endangered Species Act lies in the legislation being based on peer-reviewed, best-available science, which ensures that implementing agencies can successfully prevent extinction and conserve species’ habitat. The Endangered Species Act is a profoundly popular law that represents fundamental American principles and has promoted citizen engagement to preserve the environment. It is no surprise that this landmark conservation law was originally passed with overwhelming bipartisan support.
Thank you to the Endangered Species Coalition for leading this effort to educate politicians. Read the letter and support SAVE THE FROGS! and fellow conservation groups in defending The Endangered Species Act from industry groups and other wildlife opponents.
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)