- Written by Emily Moskal Emily Moskal
- Parent Category: Staff Staff
- Category: Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Created: 06 April 2016 06 April 2016
Michael G. Starkey
International Campaigns Coordinator, Ecologist
Michael G. Starkey stands with Dr. Jane Goodall at the Wildlife Conservation Expo in San Francisco.
Michael G. Starkey is a SAVE THE FROGS! Ecologist and International Campaigns Coordinator. He began working with SAVE THE FROGS! in 2010 to inform the public about the threats facing amphibians. He rallies scientists, volunteers, and others to help broaden the conservation mission of SAVE THE FROGS! Mr. Starkey has given presentations around the world to inform and help nurture a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife.
Mr. Starkey is a biologist, activist, and public speaker working to educate and involve the public in animal rights and wildlife conservation issues. Mr. Starkey has a diverse background in wildlife conservation: he has worked as an ecological consultant for environmental consulting firms and government agencies such as the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and the California Department of Fish & Wildlife, working with a wide diversity of wildlife including the endangered San Francisco gartersnakes and California tiger salamanders, bats, ringtails, and Yucatán black howler monkeys. Mr. Starkey has also worked in Panama at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, studying larval development and parental behavior of the neotropical frog, Leptodactylus insularum.
Have Michael G. Starkey speak at your university, school, or public interest group
SAVE THE FROGS! Ecologist Michael Starkey is available to give live presentations to your school or organization, in-person or via Skype. Mr. Starkey explains why frogs are under threat and informs the audience about how we as a society can help out amphibians around the globe. The presentation features many of Mr. Starkey's photos of amphibians from around the world, and there will be a question and answer session following the presentation. These PowerPoint presentations usually run between 30-45 minutes. At our talks we like to have a table set up where before and after the presentation, we can offer the audience relevant educational materials, collect petition signatures for our campaigns, and sell eco-friendly merchandise to help fund our efforts. You can reach him at: Starkey@savethefrogs.com
"Your slide show was great, and you are off the charts with enthusiasm. I loved your section on contests and what they can do to get involved."
—Anya Manes, teacher at Immaculate Conception Academy, San Francisco, CA
"You should have been here with us after lunch; they can't stop talking about frogs. You were so patient with the kids."
—Jacueline Le, teacher at Cleveland Elementary, San Francisco, CA
"Your passion about frogs is infectious and so refreshing. It's also great for kids to see that scientists are humans with curiosity, not only someone in a lab wearing a white coat."
—Mira Sinick, 3rd grade teacher at Lawton School, San Francisco, CA
"Your dedication shows, and your imagery was fantastic!"
—Roger Repp, rattlesnake biologist, Tucson Herpetological Society
Most Recent Articles
- Book An In-Person SAVE THE FROGS! Presentation
- Book An Online SAVE THE FROGS! Presentation
- Create Your Own Personalized Fundraising Webpage
- Volunteer Position: Social Media Coordinator
- SAVE THE FROGS! Chapters Core Principles
- Wetland Success in Plumas National Forest
- SAVE THE FROGS joins 425 conservation groups in supporting the Endangered Species Act
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana To Co-Host The 17th African Amphibian Working Group Meeting
- Environmental Safeguards Are Not A Barrier To Improving Infrastructure
- One of the most magical things that I've ever experienced
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Kingston, Pennsylvania
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 at KNUST in Kumasi, Ghana
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour Survey
- Photos and Stories from the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour
- Helping Schools Implement California's New Science Standards
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Member Wins Grant To Save The World's Smallest Crocodile
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Tarragona, Spain
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Mauritius
- Benefits Of Serving On The Executive Committee Of Your SAVE THE FROGS! Chapter
- Forming And Maintaining A SAVE THE FROGS! Chapter