- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Community Community
- Category: Teachers Teachers
- Created: 05 September 2016 05 September 2016
Thanks to a grant from the Helen and Allan Ridley Charitable Trust, SAVE THE FROGS! is educating thousands of San Francisco students about the importance of amphibians! Through the highly popular San Francisco Tadpole Headstart Program, which is led by SAVE THE FROGS! and our partner Tree Frog Treks, we have already given dozens of free presentations on amphibian conservation to thousands of San Francisco students. Tree Frog Treks compliments the presentations by bringing live native San Francisco tadpoles into classrooms to teach students about metamorphosis and threats to local frogs. Our goal is to get San Francisco kids excited about frogs and interested in protecting them.
"Michael…thank you. Your passion about frogs and what you are trying to do is infectious and so refreshing. It’s also great for kids to see that scientists are humans with curiosity, not only someone in a lab wearing a white cost. Thanks again for a thoughtful and informative presentation.”
- 3rd Grade Teacher at Lawton School, San Francisco, CA
SAVE THE FROGS! is able to offer ten FREE presentations about amphibian ecology and conservation to schools in the city of San Francisco. Would your school be interested in such a presentation in April 2017?
If you would like to schedule a presentation, please fill out this form:
“Hi Mr. Starkey, Thank you so much for presenting at our school! Your presentation was very accessible to all of our students, and information was supported with excellent visuals. Our students can be challenging to engage, but you held their attention the whole time!”
- 7th Grade teacher at Visitacion Valley Middle School, San Francisco, CA
Please know that schools will be picked based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Unfortunately the free presentations are only available to schools in the city of San Francisco. However, we can potentially give presentations at schools in the surrounding Bay Area, but we will require a modest honorarium to cover costs and travel expenses. Tadpoles are not guaranteed to be available through our partner organization Tree Frog Treks. To learn more about the San Francisco Tadpole Headstart Program, please visit:
Thank you for your support and we look forward to speaking to your class!
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre