- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Community Community
- Category: Volunteers Volunteers
- Created: 01 June 2017 01 June 2017
The mission of SAVE THE FROGS! is to protect amphibian populations and to promote a society that respects and appreciates nature and wildlife. As a SAVE THE FROGS! volunteer, you play an important role in enabling SAVE THE FROGS! to accomplish our mission as rapidly as possible.
Benefits of volunteering include:
- The satisfaction that comes from assisting an important cause;
- Gaining new knowledge and developing new skills; and
- Meeting like-minded people and expanding your professional network
The success of SAVE THE FROGS! (STF!) depends on the hard work, dedication, and integrity of everyone in our community. As an STF! volunteer you agree to work in good faith to help us achieve our mission. This document outlines the Code of Conduct for all persons volunteering their service to SAVE THE FROGS!. If you cannot agree to any of these principles, then volunteering for SAVE THE FROGS! is not for you.
Volunteers in Bangladesh, Save The Frogs Day 2014, BSMARU
By accepting a SAVE THE FROGS! volunteer position, you agree to the following principles:
Volunteering Is At-Will And Unpaid
Your volunteer position is at-will and of your own choosing; you are free to stop volunteering at any time. Your volunteer position is unpaid.
Only Accept Tasks You Think You Can Finish
Before accepting a new task:
- Check your schedule to ensure you have time available to finish the task on schedule;
- Ask yourself if the task interests you; if it doesn't you may not have the will power to finish it, so just be honest and decline accepting the task. It's better to work on projects you are enthusiastic about.
If you are no longer able or willing to continue on a project:
- Please inform your supervisor and/or your team members that you are leaving;
- Take the proper steps to ensure that others can pick up where you left off;
- If you must abandon a task you accepted prior to its completion, please inform your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Don't simply disappear and leave people wondering the status of your project.
Volunteers from YEA
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly, even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Collaborate and work with others. When you disagree, be polite. When necessary, consult others. When you are unsure, ask for help.
Avoid Conflicts of Interest
Volunteers may not engage in any activities or relationships that create either an actual conflict of interest or the potential for a conflict of interest. Examples of conflicts of interest include:
- Using the resources of STF! for personal gain;
- Using your position in STF! for personal gain while harming STF!; or
- Working or volunteering for any organization whose activities contradict the STF! mission;
If you are unsure about whether an activity might violate this policy, or if you have any questions at all about this policy, please talk to your supervisor, the Executive Director or the Board President. If appropriate, you should remove yourself from specific decisions, discussions or tasks in which you may have a conflict of interest.
Sonoran Desert Toad (Bufo alvareus)
Use of SAVE THE FROGS! Resources & Intellectual Property
SAVE THE FROGS! computers, electronic communications, electronic information, intellectual property and information technology resources should be used for STF! business related purposes. STF! recognizes that occasional personal use of these resources and property may occur. STF! generally allows such occasional personal use as long as the usage:
- Is not for monetary gain;
- Does not interfere with other people's work performance;
- Does not consume supplies, slow other users, slow the servers or computer systems, tie up printers or other shared resources;
- Does not violate any STF! policy, including policies against disclosure of confidential or trade secret information.
STF! reserves the right to access, review and monitor electronic files, information, messages, text messages, e-mail, Internet history, passwords, browser-based webmail systems and other digital archives utilized in the course of STF! business and to access, review and monitor the use of STF! computers, software, and electronic communications to ensure that no misuse or violation of STF! policy or any law occurs.
Western Toad (Bufo boreas)
Volunteers may be privy to information that is a trade secret or of a confidential or sensitive nature, affecting or relating to the volunteer’s services for STF!, the business or operations of STF!, and/or the campaigns, plans, processes, finances, donor lists, volunteers lists or other data belonging to or relating to STF! operations. Volunteers are to hold such confidential information received from STF! in strict confidence and shall exercise a reasonable degree of care to prevent misuse or direct or indirect disclosure to others. Breaches in the area of privacy and confidentiality are taken very seriously by SAVE THE FROGS!.
No Discrimination. No Violence
SAVE THE FROGS! takes pride in the great diversity of our employees, volunteers, interns, members and supporters. Treat one another and members of the community with respect and dignity. Discrimination of any kind is against SAVE THE FROGS! philosophy and policies and will not be tolerated. SAVE THE FROGS! will not tolerate violence (e.g. physical altercations, coercion, pushing or shoving, intimidation, stalking, and threats of violence).
Ware Shoals BioClub, South Carolina
Have Fun & Learn
Volunteering for SAVE THE FROGS! presents an excellent opportunity to enjoy yourself and learn. In abiding by the principles detailed above, you vastly increase your chance of success and the likelihood that your efforts will benefit amphibian populations. Best of luck with your frog saving activities!
SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger with Avalon Theisen in Santa Cruz, CA
Most Recent Articles
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders
- Amanda Cooper on empowering students to save frogs
- One Question Survey
- Building a Wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles County
- Federal Action To Assist Frogs In The Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Buenos Aires Coastal Cleanup