- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Community Community
- Category: Volunteers Volunteers
- Created: 15 April 2016 15 April 2016
Californians who care about their state's native wildlife.
The California Fish & Game Commission (FGC) holds regular public meetings at which citizens are generally granted two minutes to speak on any relevant environmental topic. As the FGC holds significant power with respect to the continuance of American Bullfrog importations, SAVE THE FROGS! seeks supporters willing to attend upcoming meetings and speak up on behalf of native amphibians. The FGC and the Department of Fish & Wildlife (DFW) have the authority to stop the importations and their own scientists have created a detailed report detailing the numerous harms caused by non-native American Bullfrogs (Rana catesbeiana), yet the DFW continues to issue permits that allow over a million non-native bullfrogs to enter the state each year.
In December 2016, SAVE THE FROGS! along with the Center for Biological Diversity petitioned the state to end the importations. We need your help to speak up in support of the petition!
If you can attend and speak at any of the meetings listed below, please complete the brief Volunteer Application Form at:
Be sure to inform us which meeting you could commit to attending.
Thank you for helping SAVE THE FROGS!
Bullfrog art by Fred Noland, SF Weekly
Fish & Game Commission Meeting Schedule:
February 8-9, 2017:
DoubleTree by Hilton
One Double Tree Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94828
Wednesday 9:00 a.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m
April 26-27, 2017:
Airtel Plaza Hotel
7277 Valjean Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
June 21-22, 2017:
Crescent City/Fortuna, CA
August 16-17, 2017:
Auditorium, First Floor
1416 Ninth Street
October 11-12, 2017:
San Luis Obisbo / Morro Bay, CA
December 6-7, 2017:
San Diego, CA
American bullfrogs being sold live and in crowded conditions perfect for disease transfer.
Photo courtesy George Heinrich
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre