- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Community Community
- Category: Volunteers Volunteers
- Created: 15 April 2016 15 April 2016
Californians who care about their state's native wildlife.
The California Fish & Game Commission (FGC) holds regular public meetings at which citizens are generally granted two minutes to speak on any relevant environmental topic. As the FGC holds significant power with respect to the continuance of American Bullfrog importations, SAVE THE FROGS! seeks supporters willing to attend upcoming meetings and speak up on behalf of native amphibians. The FGC and the Department of Fish & Wildlife (DFW) have the authority to stop the importations and their own scientists have created a detailed report detailing the numerous harms caused by non-native American Bullfrogs (Rana catesbeiana), yet the DFW continues to issue permits that allow over a million non-native bullfrogs to enter the state each year.
In December 2016, SAVE THE FROGS! along with the Center for Biological Diversity petitioned the state to end the importations. We need your help to speak up in support of the petition!
If you can attend and speak at any of the meetings listed below, please complete the brief Volunteer Application Form at:
Be sure to inform us which meeting you could commit to attending.
Thank you for helping SAVE THE FROGS!
Bullfrog art by Fred Noland, SF Weekly
Fish & Game Commission Meeting Schedule:
February 8-9, 2017:
DoubleTree by Hilton
One Double Tree Drive
Rohnert Park, CA 94828
Wednesday 9:00 a.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m
April 26-27, 2017:
Airtel Plaza Hotel
7277 Valjean Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91406
June 21-22, 2017:
Crescent City/Fortuna, CA
August 16-17, 2017:
Auditorium, First Floor
1416 Ninth Street
October 11-12, 2017:
San Luis Obisbo / Morro Bay, CA
December 6-7, 2017:
San Diego, CA
American bullfrogs being sold live and in crowded conditions perfect for disease transfer.
Photo courtesy George Heinrich
Most Recent Articles
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- A Brand New SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders