- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Australia Australia
- Created: 04 June 2017 04 June 2017
Presentation by Dr. Kaya Klop-Toker:
Plight of the Green and Golden Bell Frog (and Current Conservation Measures)
On June 7th, 2017 (June 8th Australia time), we will hold another session of the SAVE THE FROGS! Australia New Zealand Video Conference. Amphibian biologist & SAVE THE FROGS! Volunteer Dr. Kaya Klop-Toker will give a presentation on the decline of the Green and Golden Bell Frog (Litoria aurea) and the large amount of research, captive breeding, and reintroduction programs conducted for this species by the University of Newcastle's Conservation Biology Research Group. This free online event will consist of half hour presentation followed by ample time for discussion about all things related to the conservation of amphibians in the South Pacific.
Jun 7, 2017 (USA) Los Angeles time: 5pm-6pm
Jun 8, 2017 (AU/NZ) Sydney time: 10am-11am
Photo of Green & Golden Bell Frog (Litoria aurea) by Dr. Kaya Klop-Toker
Kaya is a young zoologist who has worked with frogs for nearly a decade. Her tertiary education began with an undergraduate degree in Zoology from Otago University in New Zealand, followed by an Honours degree from Adelaide University, and a recently completed Ph.D. focusing on the conservation of threatened green and golden bell frogs at the University of Newcastle. In between these periods of study, Kaya expanded her frog catching skills by volunteering for multiple researchers and conservation groups in Ecuador, Bolivia, Madagascar, and Western Australia. Kaya also worked for the New Zealand Department of Conservation on a project monitoring populations of the cryptic and rarely seen Archey’s Frog (Leiopelma archeyi). The rapid need to protect declining frog populations drives Kaya to continue working with these species, as does their ecological importance, and fascinating natural history.
Most Recent Articles
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)