- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Brazil Brazil
- Category: Minas Gerais Minas Gerais
- Created: 30 March 2017 30 March 2017
This is the third in a series of articles about SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger's 2017 visit to Brazil. You can read about Dr. Kriger's amphibious omen here and read about Dr. Kriger's first presentation in Portuguese here.
SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger visited the Maple Bear Canadian School in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil, on March 30th, 2017 to teach amphibian ecology and conservation to 1st and 6th graders. Dr. Kriger discussed amphibian natural history, adaptations, threats to frogs and ways to improve one's ecological footprint. The Maple Bear Canadian School is a private school where half of the classes take place in English and half in Portuguese. All of the students -- including the six-year olds -- were bilingual.
All the 1st graders at Maple Bear learn flute, so Dr. Kriger played them a melody from India to conclude the presentation.
The view from the school!
Do you support educating students in the country with the highest amphibian biodiversity on the planet? If so, please make a tax-deductible donation to SAVE THE FROGS! today. After you donate, you can email us at email@example.com to request we direct your donation to SAVE THE FROGS! Brazil. Thank you!
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre