- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Brazil Brazil
- Category: Minas Gerais Minas Gerais
- Created: 30 March 2017 30 March 2017
This is the third in a series of articles about SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger's 2017 visit to Brazil. You can read about Dr. Kriger's amphibious omen here and read about Dr. Kriger's first presentation in Portuguese here.
SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger visited the Maple Bear Canadian School in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil, on March 30th, 2017 to teach amphibian ecology and conservation to 1st and 6th graders. Dr. Kriger discussed amphibian natural history, adaptations, threats to frogs and ways to improve one's ecological footprint. The Maple Bear Canadian School is a private school where half of the classes take place in English and half in Portuguese. All of the students -- including the six-year olds -- were bilingual.
All the 1st graders at Maple Bear learn flute, so Dr. Kriger played them a melody from India to conclude the presentation.
The view from the school!
Do you support educating students in the country with the highest amphibian biodiversity on the planet? If so, please make a tax-deductible donation to SAVE THE FROGS! today. After you donate, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request we direct your donation to SAVE THE FROGS! Brazil. Thank you!
Most Recent Articles
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- A Brand New SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders