- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Brazil Brazil
- Category: Bahia Bahia
- Created: 16 July 2016 16 July 2016
The Boitatá Institute of Ethnobiology and Wildlife Conservation in partnership with the State University of Santa Cruz - UESC promoted on Sunday (1 May, 2016), in Ilheus, Bahia, Brazil, an open night tour to the public for research and observation of amphibians. The event marked the celebration of the World Day "Save the Frogs" created by the American Foundation and Save the Frogs originally celebrated on every last Saturday of April.
The Save The Frogs Day is the largest movement in the world of education on amphibians and conservation actions and the Boitatá Institute was the time to present the importance of frogs, toads and frogs for the environment and for humans, highlight their role as a pest control and especially that are disappearing from the Earth.
After the lecture, participants were invited to a Night Walk guided by biologist and teacher in ecology Renan Costa, a member of the Institute Boitatá. This walk participants visited lakes and streams, habitats used by many species during the breeding events. The speech associated with nocturnal walk aimed to raise awareness of the reality and difficulty that amphibians is currently going through.
Most Recent Articles
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)