- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Costa Rica Costa Rica
- Category: Amphibians of Costa Rica Amphibians of Costa Rica
- Created: 02 August 2017 02 August 2017
In July 2017, I joined biologist Víctor Acosta Chaves, M.Sc. and his team for a survey of the amphibians and reptiles of the Texas A&M University's Soltis Center for Research and Education (Soltis Center). The Center protects low to mid elevation rainforest (~500m above sea level) and connects with one of the largest pieces of protected land in Central America (Bosque Eterno de los Niños, the largest private reserve in Costa Rica). Situated on the Caribbean side of the continental divide east of Monteverde, the reserve receives a lot of rainfall and thus is perfect habitat for many amphibians. Over three days and nights we found at least 22 amphibian species! So as to assist future visitors to the TAMU Soltis Center in identifying the amphibians they encounter, I created this webpage. Enjoy the photos, and if you are fortunate enough to visit the Soltis Center, happy frogging!
The Texas A&M University's Soltis Center for Research and Education
Amphibians we found in July 2017
The Soltis Center also protects some beautiful waterfalls:
Thanks again to biologist Víctor Acosta Chaves, M.Sc. and his team:
SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger:
Thanks again to the staff and management of the Soltis Center!
If you want to find frogs in Costa Rica, consider joining a SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour. We look forward to introducing you to Costa Rica's amazing amphibians!
Most Recent Articles
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration