- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Costa Rica Costa Rica
- Category: Costa Rica Ecotours Costa Rica Ecotours
- Created: 25 July 2017 25 July 2017
The inaugural SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour took place July 14th to 25th, 2017. Our group of 21 frog enthusiasts traveled across the country, visiting the jungles of Tortuguero and Sarapiqui; the Arenal volcano; the cloud forests of Monteverde; the beaches of the Pacific; and many points in between! We had the pleasure to encounter at least 33 amphibian species along the way; as well as over 140 bird species; 40 mammal species; crocodiles, caimans, iguanas and other amazing wildlife. We had classes on frogs, bats, turtles and ants; morning birdwatching walks; tours of chocolate and coffee plantations; we learned from local guides, naturalists and biologists; ate Costa Rican cuisine; learned about the country's history and experienced its culture.
Pura vida and enjoy the photos!
Regions We Visited
Click these links to see photos from each of the regions we visited!
"Costa Rica was fabulous btw- in case you didn't see me having a wonderful time! Thank you."
We hope you enjoyed the photo journey of Costa Rica! If you want to join a future SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour, please be sure to add your name to the Costa Rica Waitlist. Pura Vida and we hope to see you soon!
Most Recent Articles
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit ONLINE: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!