The inaugural SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour took place July 14th to 25th, 2017. Our group of 21 frog enthusiasts traveled across the country, visiting the jungles of Tortuguero and Sarapiqui; the Arenal volcano; the cloud forests of Monteverde; the beaches of the Pacific; and many points in between! We had the pleasure to encounter at least 33 amphibian species along the way; as well as over 140 bird species; 40 mammal species; crocodiles, caimans, iguanas and other amazing wildlife. We had classes on frogs, bats, turtles and ants; morning birdwatching walks; tours of chocolate and coffee plantations; we learned from local guides, naturalists and biologists; ate Costa Rican cuisine; learned about the country's history and experienced its culture.
Pura vida and enjoy the photos!
Regions We Visited
Click these links to see photos from each of the regions we visited!
We hope you enjoyed the photo journey of Costa Rica! If you want to join a future SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour, please be sure to add your name to the Costa Rica Waitlist. Pura Vida and we hope to see you soon!
Most Recent Articles
- Costa Rica Ecotour Terms & Conditions
- Prepare For Your SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour
- Join the SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour: July 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Gift Center: Deal Of The Week
- The Amphibians of the TAMU Soltis Center in Costa Rica
- Photos from the 2017 Costa Rica Ecotour
- Book An In-Person SAVE THE FROGS! Presentation
- Book An Online SAVE THE FROGS! Presentation
- Create Your Own Personalized Fundraising Webpage
- Volunteer Position: Social Media Coordinator
- SAVE THE FROGS! Chapters Core Principles
- Wetland Success in Plumas National Forest
- SAVE THE FROGS joins 425 conservation groups in supporting the Endangered Species Act
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana To Co-Host The 17th African Amphibian Working Group Meeting
- Environmental Safeguards Are Not A Barrier To Improving Infrastructure
- One of the most magical things that I've ever experienced
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Kingston, Pennsylvania
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 at KNUST in Kumasi, Ghana
- Photos and Stories from the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour
- Helping Schools Implement California's New Science Standards