- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Costa Rica Costa Rica
- Category: Costa Rica Ecotours Costa Rica Ecotours
- Created: 25 July 2017 25 July 2017
The inaugural SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour took place July 14th to 25th, 2017. Our group of 21 frog enthusiasts traveled across the country, visiting the jungles of Tortuguero and Sarapiqui; the Arenal volcano; the cloud forests of Monteverde; the beaches of the Pacific; and many points in between! We had the pleasure to encounter at least 33 amphibian species along the way; as well as over 140 bird species; 40 mammal species; crocodiles, caimans, iguanas and other amazing wildlife. We had classes on frogs, bats, turtles and ants; morning birdwatching walks; tours of chocolate and coffee plantations; we learned from local guides, naturalists and biologists; ate Costa Rican cuisine; learned about the country's history and experienced its culture.
Pura vida and enjoy the photos!
Regions We Visited
Click these links to see photos from each of the regions we visited!
"Costa Rica was fabulous btw- in case you didn't see me having a wonderful time! Thank you."
We hope you enjoyed the photo journey of Costa Rica! If you want to join a future SAVE THE FROGS! Costa Rica Ecotour, please be sure to add your name to the Costa Rica Waitlist. Pura Vida and we hope to see you soon!
Most Recent Articles
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration