- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Costa Rica Costa Rica
- Category: Costa Rica Ecotours Costa Rica Ecotours
- Created: 16 May 2017 16 May 2017
Your reservation on a SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour is subject to our Ecotour Terms & Conditions (below) and the Ecotour Participant Agreement, Release and Acknowledgement of Risk. Please read these carefully and contact us if you have any questions. A SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour Leader will get back to you as soon as possible.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Reservations are limited and on a first-come basis. To reserve a space on an ecotour, a $1,000 per person non-refundable deposit via check or credit card is required to secure your spot on the trip. Full payment is due by May 15th, 2018. Failure to pay in full by May 15th, 2018 may result in forfeiture of your deposit money and your space on the eco-tour. All proceeds support SAVE THE FROGS! worldwide amphibian conservation efforts, enabling us to protect amphibians and promote a society that respects and appreciates wildlife and nature.
Ecotour Participant Agreement, Release and Acknowledgement of Risk
In order to take part on this trip, you will be required to sign a liability waiver acknowledging the inherent risks of ecotourism in Costa Rica, and legally releasing SAVE THE FROGS! and affiliated trip operators and personnel from legal damages and consequences.
Cancellations and Refunds
You must notify us directly if you need to cancel your trip. If you need to cancel your trip, contact Michael Starkey at: email@example.com
The amount of your refund is determined by the date that you notify SAVE THE FROGS! of your cancellation:
-- If you cancel after June 15th, you forfeit your entire trip fee.
-- If you cancel between May 15th and June 15th, you will receive 50% of trip fee.
-- If you cancel prior to May 15th, your entire trip will be refunded, minus your deposit (as deposits are non-refundable) or a $750 per person cancellation fee if you paid all at once.
SAVE THE FROGS! regrets that it cannot make exceptions to the reservation and cancellation policy for any reason, including personal emergencies. The reservation and cancellation policy applies to all reservations. You may want to consider purchasing travel insurance from a third party, so that if an issue arises (such as health or family concerns), then your travel insurance could likely provide you compensation.
Accommodations are based on double occupancy, unless otherwise indicated in the trip description. If you are a single traveler wishing to share accommodations, we will try to match you with a roommate. If you wish to have private accommodation, then you can upgrade for an additional $750.
Children on Ecotours
SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotours are adult-oriented, but the Costa Rica Ecotour is family friendly, depending on the child's age and experience. Anyone under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please contact us before sending a trip deposit for anyone under 18 years of age.
Looking for frogs at night is not the world's safest activity. As such, drinking and frogging really don't mix. We request that you not get anywhere remotely close to drunk prior to frogging. If you do feel the need for a dinnertime alcoholic beverage, we strongly suggest limiting it to one drink. Post-frogging, feel free to let loose at the bar.
We request you not pose, stage or capture any animals for photography purposes. Flash photography should be limited to reduce stress on the amphibians and other animals we encounter.
No collecting of animals for scientific or other purposes is allowed.
No handling of snakes is permitted at any time. No capturing of snakes is permitted at any time.
You can buy local products to help improve the lives of local people, but please do not buy wildlife products such as fur, feathers, shells and leather.
Be Responsible, Polite and Respectful
Please abide by the instructions of the trip leader. Treat leaders, guides and hospitality staff with respect. Follow all laws while in Costa Rica.
Questions? Ready to sign up?
Please complete the expression of interest form to request more information or call 415-878-6525 and leave a message. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. A SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour Leader will get back to you as soon as possible.
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)