- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Ecuador Ecuador
- Created: 18 April 2017 18 April 2017
In October 2015, I visited Ecuador for the first time. I spent my first ten days in the country traveling with amphibian biologist Chelsea Carson. We visited the Amazon, the Andes and the coast to develop the SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour. At the end of our travels, I interviewed Chelsea while overlooking the Pacific Coast at Tabuga in Ecuador's Manabi province. We discussed Chelsea's career path and how she went from being an undergraduate organizing Save The Frogs Day events to a Fulbright scholar researching amphibians in Ecuador and organizing ecotours. Chelsea teaches us about Ecuador's primary ecosystems and the threats they face, and we learn about Chelsea's research in the streams and agricultural areas of the Ecuadorian cloudforest. We also discuss the value of ecotours, both for the ecotourist and the local communities. And of course we talk about the SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour and the beautiful frog habitats we visit on the tour.
Chelsea Carson smiling with a glass frog in the Ecuadorian Amazon.
Listen to the interview with Chelsea Carson and enjoy the ocean waves in the background, right here. (Right-click to download)
If you are inspired to join Chelsea and 15 other frog enthusiasts in Ecuador June 8th-20th, 2017, please visit the SAVE THE FROGS! 2017 Ecuador Ecotour webpage and contact us before the ecotour fills up...there are currently only two spaces remaining!
Dr. Kerry Kriger and Chelsea Carson on the Rio Napo, Ecuadorian Amazon, October 2015.
Photo of Hyloxalus awa with tadpoles at Itapoa, Ecuador, courtesy of Jaime Culebras
Most Recent Articles
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit ONLINE: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!