- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Ghana Ghana
- Category: Expedition Expedition
- Created: 14 April 2016 14 April 2016
In September 2011 I traveled to Ghana with a small goal: give presentations in schools. That trip resulted in the formation of SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana, which has become the most active international branch of SAVE THE FROGS! and has inspired thousands of Africans and people around the globe to take action for amphibians.
In September 2016 I will return to Ghana to lead the SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Expedition -- and you are invited to join me. Our goal will be to protect Ghana’s amphibian populations, empower the next generation of Ghanaian frog conservationists, and expand the international network of environmentalists interested in protecting West Africa’s endangered amphibians and ecosystems.
We will be joined by 16 environmental professionals and frog enthusiasts and travel Ghana for 17 days:
(1) Conducting educational programs;
(2) Searching for endangered rainforest frogs;
(3) Restoring habitat for endangered amphibians;
(4) Exchanging knowledge with Ghanaian biologists; and
(5) Working to improve and accelerate amphibian conservation efforts in Ghana.
If you are interested in traveling to Africa with SAVE THE FROGS! for this once in a lifetime experience, please download and read through the Expedition Summary.
"I got an e-mail talking about the Ghana trip in September and it sounds like an amazing experience."
The 2016 SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Expedition will create a stronger SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana and will broaden Ghana’s base of amphibian expertise, ultimately resulting in healthier frog populations and vibrant human communities living in harmony with their natural surroundings. I am extremely confident that our 18-member SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Expedition Team, which will combine decades of amphibian conservation experience into one cohesive group with a shared mission, will be able to produce tangible results for Ghana's amphibians on a scale never before encountered.
In my travels to over 50 countries around the world, I have never been anywhere more in need of environmental assistance than Ghana; and I have never been anywhere that more wholeheartedly welcomes the SAVE THE FROGS! message.
For anyone who has ever wanted to make a positive social and/or environmental impact, this is one of the greatest opportunities you will ever have.
SAVE THE FROGS! Co-Founder Gilbert Adum (left) will be joining us in Ghana along with several other SAVE THE FROGS! biologists and environmental experts.
Whether or not you can travel to Africa with SAVE THE FROGS!, I encourage you to make a list of all the people you know who would be interested in donating to fund the Expedition. I am currently preparing crowdfunding technology that will enable you set up your own crowdfunding page within the SAVE THE FROGS! website, so that you can eaily provide your friends and colleagues with a way to donate, all the while tracking your fundraising impact.
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)