- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Ghana Ghana
- Created: 07 October 2016 07 October 2016
In September 2016, SAVE THE FROGS! led an international team of amphibian biologists on the inaugural SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Expedition. The mission of the expedition was to protect Ghana’s amphibian populations, empower the next generation of Ghanaian frog conservationists, and expand the international network of environmentalists interested in protecting West Africa’s endangered amphibians and ecosystems.
For 23 days our expedition team traveled throughout Ghana:
(1) Conducting educational programs;
(2) Searching for endangered rainforest frogs;
(3) Restoring habitat for endangered amphibians;
(4) Exchanging knowledge with Ghanaian biologists; and
(5) Working to improve and accelerate amphibian conservation efforts in Ghana.
Join an online presentation all about the SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Expedition on October 14th, 2016:
On Friday, October 14th, at 10am San Francisco Time, SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Co-Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger will hold an online video conference all about the SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Expedition. In this presentation, Dr. Kriger will discuss the expedition’s successes and show many amazing photos from the SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Expedition. All are welcomed to join in on this interesting and informative discussion about our amphibian conservation efforts in West Africa.
Join online from PC or Mac:
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 580 658 577
International numbers available:
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)