- Written by Emily Moskal Emily Moskal
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Ghana Ghana
- Created: 06 April 2016 06 April 2016
We’re pleased to announce that SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana’s work with the Giant Squeaker Frog has received international and prestigious attention: The Whitley Fund for Nature’s annual Whitley Awards shortlist of finalists includes SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana’s Executive Director Gilbert Adum.
The Whitley Award is a prestigious international prize that honors “exceptional individuals who, through their outstanding conservation work in developing countries, are redefining the way people engage with the natural world in the 21st century.”
Gilbert and seven other finalists were selected from a pool of 130 applicants from all around the world. The awards ceremony will be on April 27th, 2016 in London at the Royal Geographical Society and will be attended by Sir David Attenborough and the Princess Royal.
Like or share this article and show your support for Gilbert and Ghana’s frogs; we hope they win their deserved share of the total £245,000 ($346,001.25) project funding!
Most Recent Articles
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018