- Written by Prince Adu-Tutu Prince Adu-Tutu
- Parent Category: Ghana Ghana
- Category: KNUST KNUST
- Created: 03 July 2017 03 July 2017
The SAVE THE FROGS! KNUST Chapter conducted habitat restoration activities at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Technology campus’ Wewe River on Saturday, May 13, 2017, in commemoration of the 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day, the world’s largest day for amphibian conservation events. Fifty chapter members took part in the celebration, including the President of the Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources Students Association (Mr. Dwumah Kwaku Afrifa). Participants removed invasive weeds such as Devil Weed (Chromolaena odorata), which is a major threat to amphibian survival. They also planted 150 seedlings of two carefully selected tree species: the fungi and insect resistant Kusia (Nauclea diderrichii) and Militia (Millettia thonningii), known for its soil conservation and erosion control properties. Additionally, Prince Adu-Tutu and Victor Adjei, President and Editor-in-Chief of the Chapter respectively, trained participants in amphibian monitoring and ecological data collection protocols. This newly acquired knowledge helps Chapter members to effectively monitor and evaluate the impact of the restoration activities on local amphibian populations.
SAVE THE FROGS! KNUST leading conservation effort around campus's Wewe River.
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)