- Written by Prince Adu-Tutu Prince Adu-Tutu
- Parent Category: Ghana Ghana
- Category: KNUST KNUST
- Created: 03 July 2017 03 July 2017
The SAVE THE FROGS! KNUST Chapter conducted habitat restoration activities at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Technology campus’ Wewe River on Saturday, May 13, 2017, in commemoration of the 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day, the world’s largest day for amphibian conservation events. Fifty chapter members took part in the celebration, including the President of the Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources Students Association (Mr. Dwumah Kwaku Afrifa). Participants removed invasive weeds such as Devil Weed (Chromolaena odorata), which is a major threat to amphibian survival. They also planted 150 seedlings of two carefully selected tree species: the fungi and insect resistant Kusia (Nauclea diderrichii) and Militia (Millettia thonningii), known for its soil conservation and erosion control properties. Additionally, Prince Adu-Tutu and Victor Adjei, President and Editor-in-Chief of the Chapter respectively, trained participants in amphibian monitoring and ecological data collection protocols. This newly acquired knowledge helps Chapter members to effectively monitor and evaluate the impact of the restoration activities on local amphibian populations.
SAVE THE FROGS! KNUST leading conservation effort around campus's Wewe River.
Most Recent Articles
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand