- Written by Sandra Owusu-Gyamfi Sandra Owusu-Gyamfi
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Ghana Ghana
- Created: 22 November 2016 22 November 2016
SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana’s Associate Executive Director and West Africa’s first female amphibian conservation scientist, Miss Sandra Owusu-Gyamfi will travel to the United Kingdom from 20th December 2016 to 10th January 2017. During her stay, Sandra will give educational presentations about amphibians, empower women in conservation and the activities of SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana. Spend the season with Sandra to learn some of SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana’s great achievements such as winning awards including the prestigious Green Oscar from the Whitley Fund for Nature; new frog discoveries; establishing West Africa’s first amphibian education centre; replanting 20-ha of critical amphibian habitats with +15,000 native trees; providing beekeeping as alternative livelihood for local people; gaining international media attention and many more. Sandra will also be visiting funders including the Rufford Foundation and the Whitley Fund for Nature to update them on how their funded projects are progressing.
You can take this opportunity to invite Sandra over to your local school or group for a presentation or discussion on possible collaborations and volunteering with West Africa’s leading amphibian research and conservation organisation. Please send an email of interest to email@example.com for an advance booking.
In 2014 Sandra travelled to the UK and presented to about 500 individuals at institutions and groups such as the University of Cambridge, Nottingham and Greenwich, the British Herpetology Society and the Harrison Institute (www.savethefrogs2.com/easyblog/save-the-frogs-ghana-programmes-co-ordinator-s-visit-to-uk-makes-huge-waves). Sandra uses such visits to inspire and give hope to scientists and conservationists which she believes is key in addressing many conservation challenges.
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre