- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Ghana Ghana
- Created: 16 September 2016 16 September 2016
SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana has secured a building and work is underway for the construction of West Africa’s first amphibian conservation education centre. It is strategically located in the home region of Ghana's flagship Giant Squeaker Frog, thus, dubbed the "Sui Amphibian Conservation Education Centre (SACEC)". Funded by Whitley Fund for Nature, it's a three room building with an infusion of both modern and traditional architecture, comprising a library and a computer/technology centre. With the support of over 50 daily local volunteers including women groups, the building will be completed and commissioned on the 5th birthday of SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana (22nd September 2016).
The critically endangered Giant Squeaker Frog (Arthroleptis krokosua).
The commissioning of SACEC will be broadcast by Germany’s biggest media house, DW-TV at a grand durbar of dignitaries including SAVE THE FROGS! founder, Dr. Kerry Kriger and other staff, politicians, educationists, conservationists, traditional leaders, and local people. All frog and nature lovers are also invited to be part of this historic event. Together, we can save the frogs, and save the world!
The SACEC before restoration. There was a lot of work to be done!
Back view of the building.
Demolished parts of the front view of the building.
Front view of building under reconstruction.
Progress made on front view of building.
With the roof nearly collapsed, ceiling panels needed to be added.
This reconstruction of this building was done entirely by volunteers.
With your support, the Sui Amphibian Conservation Education Centre will be a model for amphibian conservation efforts throughout all of West Africa! Please donate to ensure the future success of the SACEC!
Most Recent Articles
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)