- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Ghana Ghana
- Created: 16 September 2016 16 September 2016
SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana has secured a building and work is underway for the construction of West Africa’s first amphibian conservation education centre. It is strategically located in the home region of Ghana's flagship Giant Squeaker Frog, thus, dubbed the "Sui Amphibian Conservation Education Centre (SACEC)". Funded by Whitley Fund for Nature, it's a three room building with an infusion of both modern and traditional architecture, comprising a library and a computer/technology centre. With the support of over 50 daily local volunteers including women groups, the building will be completed and commissioned on the 5th birthday of SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana (22nd September 2016).
The critically endangered Giant Squeaker Frog (Arthroleptis krokosua).
The commissioning of SACEC will be broadcast by Germany’s biggest media house, DW-TV at a grand durbar of dignitaries including SAVE THE FROGS! founder, Dr. Kerry Kriger and other staff, politicians, educationists, conservationists, traditional leaders, and local people. All frog and nature lovers are also invited to be part of this historic event. Together, we can save the frogs, and save the world!
The SACEC before restoration. There was a lot of work to be done!
Back view of the building.
Demolished parts of the front view of the building.
Front view of building under reconstruction.
Progress made on front view of building.
With the roof nearly collapsed, ceiling panels needed to be added.
This reconstruction of this building was done entirely by volunteers.
With your support, the Sui Amphibian Conservation Education Centre will be a model for amphibian conservation efforts throughout all of West Africa! Please donate to ensure the future success of the SACEC!
Most Recent Articles
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- A Brand New SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders