- Written by Emily Moskal Emily Moskal
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Ghana Ghana
- Created: 28 June 2016 28 June 2016
SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana, West Africa's premier and leading non-profit amphibian organization has appointed Mr. Nicholas Aidoo as its Community Conservation Coordinator. Mr. Aidoo formerly worked as a World Bank Community-Based Rural Development Project Officer, creating economic opportunities in beekeeping for 65 communities in southwestern Ghana.
The position of Community Conservation Coordinator is new and as the first officer, Mr. Aidoo will lead in the development of alternative livelihoods for local communities previously dependent on endangered frog habitat. One frog in particular to benefit from this conservation initiative funded by the UK-based charities, Whitley Fund for Nature and The Rufford Foundation, is the Giant Squeaker Frog, one of the world’s rarest and endangered animals. Mr. Aidoo is also a native speaker and well-versed in Twi, Ghana’s most widely spoken local language. Thus, he will also take lead in the translation of relevant conservation education materials from English to Twi. This will help to make knowledge and awareness accessible to the local people who matter most in the protection of Ghana’s frogs and wildlife.
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre