- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: India India
- Created: 06 March 2018 06 March 2018
The Rahara Nibedita Art Centre is a privately run art school in Kolkata, India, founded by artist Apurba Banerjee in 1997. The school's students began participating in the SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest in 2010 and they celebrate Save The Frogs Day annually by drawing frog art and learning about amphibians. In 2014, the school won a $400 grant from SAVE THE FROGS! to assist their educational and artistic efforts. Much of the centre's art is created using recycled materials.
On March 4th, 2018, SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger visited the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre, where the students were engaged in creating frog art with the sounds of Indian classical music filling the air. Local biologist Dr. Swapan Ghosh also joined the event, and gave his encouragement to the students. Students recited poetry and Dr. Kriger and Apurba Banerjee gave brief speeches to encourage the students to pursue their artistic and environmental endeavors.
SAVE THE FROGS! wishes to thank Apurba Banerjee and the staff and students of the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre for their dedicated support of art education and amphibian conservation!
Dr. Kriger and Dr. Ghosh with students of the art centre.
Apurba Banerjee, Founder of Rahara Nibedita Art Centre.
Most Recent Articles
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)