- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: India India
- Created: 16 July 2016 16 July 2016
The 8th Annual Save The Frogs Day ( 30th April, 2016) activities were conducted at the following places in different States of India. The Major events conducted were, Seminar, Symposium, Drawing Competition, Quiz competition, Frog Race, Awareness Rally, Road safety for frogs etc. Professor Krishan Kumar Sharma, Former Vice Chancellor MDS University, Ajmer coordinated all the activities in these regions of India. This is the 8th successful programme since inception of Save the Frogs Day by Dr. Kerry Kriger. Kits including flex banners were printed and posted to the concerning programme coordinators. The event was well advertised through the print as well as social media. An event popular among children(Frog race) in Rajasthan was uploaded on YouTube:
We have been regularly doing various activities for frog’s conservation including their monitoring using visual and acoustic tools and feel proud to announce that Frogs have now better opportunities for their survival in India, thanks to Dr. Kerry Krieger and his entire dedicated team for such an important international effort to save beautiful, tiny and ignored creatures ”The Frogs” Dr. Neha Sharma, President, Save Environment and Welfare of Animals (SEWA) Society, India. The event was celebrated in many states of India coordinated by Prof.Krishan Kumar Sharma. These includes Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Gujrat, Karnataka, Uttarakhand involving more than 1500 main attendies and message carried to more than 7000 people. Below are some photos from those events.
Most Recent Articles
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit ONLINE: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here