When we were kids, my brother and I used to sneak frogs into the house to play with them, in all secrecy and unknown to our parents. At some point, we even raised one from barely jumping to fully grown adult. Every weekend, we would stay over at my grandmother’s place situated just next to a stream and at night we would fall asleep to the sound of frogs croaking in harmony. But I must say that thanks to SAVE THE FROGS! – an organization I got to know through an online poetry contest I entered back in 2011 – I keep on learning amazing frog facts that have not only made me further understand those little jumping creatures, but that have as well, made me appreciate and acknowledge their importance in the sustainability of the ecosystem, for the survival of mankind globally, and especially in my tropical island, Mauritius.
Jaleela Hassennally sporting a SAVE THE FROGS! shirt.
I am grateful to SAVE THE FROGS! for giving me the opportunity of organizing the first ever SAVE THE FROGS! event in Mauritius in 2012 and it has been an honor for me to keep spreading the word in my best ability ever since. This project that has become an important issue for my heart and soul.
- Miss Humanity Hope (Mauritius) 2016
- Miss India Worldwide Mauritius 2016
- Timeless Frog Lover
Phoenix, Mauritius Island
Most Recent Articles
- Helping Schools Implement California's New Science Standards
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Member Wins Grant To Save The World's Smallest Crocodile
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Tarragona, Spain
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Mauritius
- Benefits Of Serving On The Executive Committee Of Your SAVE THE FROGS! Chapter
- Forming And Maintaining A SAVE THE FROGS! Chapter
- The Fund For The Future Of The Frogs
- How And Why To Donate Stocks To SAVE THE FROGS!
- Building Wetlands in Elgin, Arizona
- Fundraising 101: Learn How To Raise Money For A Cause
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Pittsburg, California
- Volunteer Opportunity: Video Editor for SAVE THE FROGS!
- Plight Of The Green And Golden Bell Frog (And Current Conservation Measures)
- Introducing Students To The Amphibians Of Lapinha Da Serra
- SAVE THE FROGS! Statement Of Purpose
- SAVE THE FROGS! Volunteer Code Of Conduct
- Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund Supports the Amphibians of Nepal
- How Students Can Use The SAVE THE FROGS! Website
- SAVE MANASLU’S FROGS! Research Expedition
- The Survival Of The Earth Depends On Frogs