- Written by Jaleela Hassennally Jaleela Hassennally
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Mauritius Mauritius
- Created: 28 May 2017 28 May 2017
When we were kids, my brother and I used to sneak frogs into the house to play with them, in all secrecy and unknown to our parents. At some point, we even raised one from barely jumping to fully grown adult. Every weekend, we would stay over at my grandmother’s place situated just next to a stream and at night we would fall asleep to the sound of frogs croaking in harmony. But I must say that thanks to SAVE THE FROGS! – an organization I got to know through an online poetry contest I entered back in 2011 – I keep on learning amazing frog facts that have not only made me further understand those little jumping creatures, but that have as well, made me appreciate and acknowledge their importance in the sustainability of the ecosystem, for the survival of mankind globally, and especially in my tropical island, Mauritius.
Jaleela Hassennally sporting a SAVE THE FROGS! shirt.
I am grateful to SAVE THE FROGS! for giving me the opportunity of organizing the first ever SAVE THE FROGS! event in Mauritius in 2012 and it has been an honor for me to keep spreading the word in my best ability ever since. This project that has become an important issue for my heart and soul.
- Miss Humanity Hope (Mauritius) 2016
- Miss India Worldwide Mauritius 2016
- Timeless Frog Lover
Phoenix, Mauritius Island
Most Recent Articles
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018