- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Nepal Nepal
- Created: 30 May 2017 30 May 2017
Congratulations to SAVE THE FROGS! Task Force Member Biraj Shrestha for winning his first grant from the Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund. The $2,500 award will enable the Biraj and his team to research Rara Lake frogs in western Nepal and gather more information about these data deficient species. This award will greatly benefit the amphibians of Nepal!
SAVE THE FROGS! Task Force Member Biraj Shrestha announces his award:
“FROGS are considered as the messengers of good fortune in Zen philosophy and I couldn’t agree more! When I became jobless in 2015, I had plenty of time to ponder over what I actually loved to do rather than whom I am pleasing for with the works I had little interest on. I sat back, contemplated on what I could do about what I loved the most. Yes, I love FROGS! I began writing and developed research and conservation proposals which were later successful from The Rufford Foundations, UK, The Pollination Project, SAVETHEFROGS! USA. I did work hard, had life and death experience during one of my field works and that was in the year 2016. With waves of support from frog loving people around the world, I had no remorse of what I actually started out and there was no turning back.
Hence, I am now writing to share one more good news with you all that I have recently been successful to achieve the Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund which I had applied in last February 2017 for the project “Study of the Data Deficient Rara Lake Frogs in mid western Nepal”. The MBZ fund has agreed to provide partial fund of $2,500 for the project and this is the first time that MBZ fund has actually awarded research fund for amphibians in Nepal. With this, I hope to push my amphibian research and conservation endeavor further and help frogs for a better place where humans learn to respect them.”
Learn more about Biraj’s work to protect and study the amphibians of Nepal.
Most Recent Articles
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)