- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Nepal Nepal
- Created: 30 May 2017 30 May 2017
Congratulations to SAVE THE FROGS! Task Force Member Biraj Shrestha for winning his first grant from the Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund. The $2,500 award will enable the Biraj and his team to research Rara Lake frogs in western Nepal and gather more information about these data deficient species. This award will greatly benefit the amphibians of Nepal!
SAVE THE FROGS! Task Force Member Biraj Shrestha announces his award:
“FROGS are considered as the messengers of good fortune in Zen philosophy and I couldn’t agree more! When I became jobless in 2015, I had plenty of time to ponder over what I actually loved to do rather than whom I am pleasing for with the works I had little interest on. I sat back, contemplated on what I could do about what I loved the most. Yes, I love FROGS! I began writing and developed research and conservation proposals which were later successful from The Rufford Foundations, UK, The Pollination Project, SAVETHEFROGS! USA. I did work hard, had life and death experience during one of my field works and that was in the year 2016. With waves of support from frog loving people around the world, I had no remorse of what I actually started out and there was no turning back.
Hence, I am now writing to share one more good news with you all that I have recently been successful to achieve the Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund which I had applied in last February 2017 for the project “Study of the Data Deficient Rara Lake Frogs in mid western Nepal”. The MBZ fund has agreed to provide partial fund of $2,500 for the project and this is the first time that MBZ fund has actually awarded research fund for amphibians in Nepal. With this, I hope to push my amphibian research and conservation endeavor further and help frogs for a better place where humans learn to respect them.”
Learn more about Biraj’s work to protect and study the amphibians of Nepal.
Most Recent Articles
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration