- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Nepal Nepal
- Created: 26 May 2017 26 May 2017
On the 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day, Environmental Graduates in Himalaya (EGH) along with Resources Himalaya Foundation (RHF) and World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Nepal organized a day-long amphibian conservation program on 28th April, 2017 in Sanepa, Nepal. The event was categorized into two sessions; Celebration with School Kids (Session I) and University Students (Session II) that included activities like photo exhibition, frog painting, mural art, merch and bake sale along with the short video clips depicting the information about the frogs. Mr. Ugan Manandhar, Deputy Director of WWF Nepal and the Chief Guest for the program, presented on the traditional importance of frogs and their need for greater conservation efforts, which was followed by the prize distribution for the ‘Junior Art Competition’ conducted on 25th April. A total of 62 students attended and the program ended with the closing remarks of Prof Dr Ram B Chhetri, RHF Chairperson. Later, he handed certificates of appreciation to our volunteers whose tireless efforts have brought this event into a froggy fruition.
Check out these amazing photos from the 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day in Sanepa, Nepal!
Face painting: Volunteers represented their artistic frog designs on the body parts of visitors.
Volunteers organized a bake sale to raise funds for amphibian conservation efforts in Nepal.
SAVE THE FROGS! Executive Director and Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger sent a 12 minute video message specially for the Nepalese people about the need to spread the amphibian conservation message in Nepal.
Most Recent Articles
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders
- Amanda Cooper on empowering students to save frogs
- One Question Survey
- Building a Wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles County
- Federal Action To Assist Frogs In The Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Buenos Aires Coastal Cleanup