- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Countries Countries
- Category: Nepal Nepal
- Created: 26 May 2017 26 May 2017
On the 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day, Environmental Graduates in Himalaya (EGH) along with Resources Himalaya Foundation (RHF) and World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Nepal organized a day-long amphibian conservation program on 28th April, 2017 in Sanepa, Nepal. The event was categorized into two sessions; Celebration with School Kids (Session I) and University Students (Session II) that included activities like photo exhibition, frog painting, mural art, merch and bake sale along with the short video clips depicting the information about the frogs. Mr. Ugan Manandhar, Deputy Director of WWF Nepal and the Chief Guest for the program, presented on the traditional importance of frogs and their need for greater conservation efforts, which was followed by the prize distribution for the ‘Junior Art Competition’ conducted on 25th April. A total of 62 students attended and the program ended with the closing remarks of Prof Dr Ram B Chhetri, RHF Chairperson. Later, he handed certificates of appreciation to our volunteers whose tireless efforts have brought this event into a froggy fruition.
Check out these amazing photos from the 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day in Sanepa, Nepal!
Face painting: Volunteers represented their artistic frog designs on the body parts of visitors.
Volunteers organized a bake sale to raise funds for amphibian conservation efforts in Nepal.
SAVE THE FROGS! Executive Director and Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger sent a 12 minute video message specially for the Nepalese people about the need to spread the amphibian conservation message in Nepal.
Most Recent Articles
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)