- Written by Colette Ciresi Colette Ciresi
- Parent Category: USA USA
- Category: California California
- Created: 12 June 2017 12 June 2017
Stoneman Elementary in Pittsburg, California hosted yet another Save The Frogs Day fair. The school’s third grade students helped raise awareness about how frogs are disappearing and what kids can do to help. The students gave in-depth presentations about the adaptations of four different frogs they had been studying for months. Two hundred people attended this learning fair. SAVE THE FROGS! ecologist Micheal Starkey was one of the people in attedance and gave a informational talk to the students about amphibian conservation.
SAVE THE FROGS! ecologist Michael Starkey teaching the students about amphibian conservation.
Stoneman principal Terry Dunn commented about his students' successful event: “To see the joy this has brought, and to see the kids so engaged, has been inspirational,” he said as he toured the fair and admired students’ work. “If we can teach them to care about animals they’ll care about the planet, and hopefully think about how fragile life is and how important it is we try to protect it.” You can read more about Stoneman Elementary's frog-saving activities in this EdSource article "More teachers turning to nonprofits for innovative science lessons".
Stoneman Elementary's Save The Frogs Day teaching fair.
Most Recent Articles
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)