- Written by Colette Ciresi Colette Ciresi
- Parent Category: USA USA
- Category: California California
- Created: 12 June 2017 12 June 2017
Stoneman Elementary in Pittsburg, California hosted yet another Save The Frogs Day fair. The school’s third grade students helped raise awareness about how frogs are disappearing and what kids can do to help. The students gave in-depth presentations about the adaptations of four different frogs they had been studying for months. Two hundred people attended this learning fair. SAVE THE FROGS! ecologist Micheal Starkey was one of the people in attedance and gave a informational talk to the students about amphibian conservation.
SAVE THE FROGS! ecologist Michael Starkey teaching the students about amphibian conservation.
Stoneman principal Terry Dunn commented about his students' successful event: “To see the joy this has brought, and to see the kids so engaged, has been inspirational,” he said as he toured the fair and admired students’ work. “If we can teach them to care about animals they’ll care about the planet, and hopefully think about how fragile life is and how important it is we try to protect it.” You can read more about Stoneman Elementary's frog-saving activities in this EdSource article "More teachers turning to nonprofits for innovative science lessons".
Stoneman Elementary's Save The Frogs Day teaching fair.
Most Recent Articles
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand