- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Donate Donate
- Category: Donation Information Donation Information
- Created: 16 June 2017 16 June 2017
Donating stock, bonds or mutual funds to SAVE THE FROGS! is a fabulous way to assist amphibians, and can even lower your taxes. If you are considering such a donation, the first step is to determine whether your assets have appreciated (gone up in value) or depreciated (decreased in value).
- If your assets have appreciated, donating them to SAVE THE FROGS! can reduce your taxes in two ways: (1) you can avoid capital gains tax on the profit you've made, and (2) you can claim the fair market value of your gift as a deductible charitable donation.
- If your assets have depreciated, you should sell the assets first then donate the proceeds to SAVE THE FROGS!. This allows you to (1) claim a loss on the sale of the assets; and (2) count your gift to SAVE THE FROGS! as a deductible charitable donation.
We suggest speaking with your financial advisor and then contact us when you are ready to donate stocks, bonds or mutual funds to SAVE THE FROGS!. We will give you all the information you need to complete your donation. If you would like your contribution to be directed to The Fund For The Future Of The Frogs, please let us know and we can make that happen. Thank you for helping SAVE THE FROGS!
Rough Skinned Newt (Taricha granulosa) photo by Michael Starkey
Most Recent Articles
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders
- Amanda Cooper on empowering students to save frogs
- One Question Survey
- Building a Wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles County
- Federal Action To Assist Frogs In The Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Buenos Aires Coastal Cleanup