- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Donate Donate
- Category: Donation Information Donation Information
- Created: 16 June 2017 16 June 2017
Donating stock, bonds or mutual funds to SAVE THE FROGS! is a fabulous way to assist amphibians, and can even lower your taxes. If you are considering such a donation, the first step is to determine whether your assets have appreciated (gone up in value) or depreciated (decreased in value).
- If your assets have appreciated, donating them to SAVE THE FROGS! can reduce your taxes in two ways: (1) you can avoid capital gains tax on the profit you've made, and (2) you can claim the fair market value of your gift as a deductible charitable donation.
- If your assets have depreciated, you should sell the assets first then donate the proceeds to SAVE THE FROGS!. This allows you to (1) claim a loss on the sale of the assets; and (2) count your gift to SAVE THE FROGS! as a deductible charitable donation.
We suggest speaking with your financial advisor and then contact us when you are ready to donate stocks, bonds or mutual funds to SAVE THE FROGS!. We will give you all the information you need to complete your donation. If you would like your contribution to be directed to The Fund For The Future Of The Frogs, please let us know and we can make that happen. Thank you for helping SAVE THE FROGS!
Rough Skinned Newt (Taricha granulosa) photo by Michael Starkey
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)