Donating stock, bonds or mutual funds to SAVE THE FROGS! is a fabulous way to assist amphibians, and can even lower your taxes. If you are considering such a donation, the first step is to determine whether your assets have appreciated (gone up in value) or depreciated (decreased in value).
- If your assets have appreciated, donating them to SAVE THE FROGS! can reduce your taxes in two ways: (1) you can avoid capital gains tax on the profit you've made, and (2) you can claim the fair market value of your gift as a deductible charitable donation.
- If your assets have depreciated, you should sell the assets first then donate the proceeds to SAVE THE FROGS!. This allows you to (1) claim a loss on the sale of the assets; and (2) count your gift to SAVE THE FROGS! as a deductible charitable donation.
We suggest speaking with your financial advisor and then contact us when you are ready to donate stocks, bonds or mutual funds to SAVE THE FROGS!. We will give you all the information you need to complete your donation. If you would like your contribution to be directed to The Fund For The Future Of The Frogs, please let us know and we can make that happen. Thank you for helping SAVE THE FROGS!
Rough Skinned Newt (Taricha granulosa) photo by Michael Starkey
Most Recent Articles
- Helping Schools Implement California's New Science Standards
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Member Wins Grant To Save The World's Smallest Crocodile
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Tarragona, Spain
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Mauritius
- Benefits Of Serving On The Executive Committee Of Your SAVE THE FROGS! Chapter
- Forming And Maintaining A SAVE THE FROGS! Chapter
- The Fund For The Future Of The Frogs
- How And Why To Donate Stocks To SAVE THE FROGS!
- Building Wetlands in Elgin, Arizona
- Fundraising 101: Learn How To Raise Money For A Cause
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Pittsburg, California
- Volunteer Opportunity: Video Editor for SAVE THE FROGS!
- Plight Of The Green And Golden Bell Frog (And Current Conservation Measures)
- Introducing Students To The Amphibians Of Lapinha Da Serra
- SAVE THE FROGS! Statement Of Purpose
- SAVE THE FROGS! Volunteer Code Of Conduct
- Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund Supports the Amphibians of Nepal
- How Students Can Use The SAVE THE FROGS! Website
- SAVE MANASLU’S FROGS! Research Expedition
- The Survival Of The Earth Depends On Frogs