SAVE THE FROGS! Custom Ecotours are designed for wildlife enthusiasts who want to visit amazing natural areas, find and photograph amphibians, and learn about ecology and wildlife conservation from local and international experts.
The primary differences between Custom Ecotours and our traditional ecotours are:
(1) YOU choose the dates and the country; and
(2) The ecotour is for your private group of friends, family and/or colleagues.
SAVE THE FROGS! Custom Ecotours are perfect for people with tight schedules as you can choose your own dates. They are also great for reuniting with family and friends, and even for workplace getaways to bring staff members together in an unforgettable setting.
Thank you for a fabulous tour. I will cherish these memories the rest of my life. I hope to join you again one day soon. Keep up the great work!!”
— Paige Donnelly, North Carolina; Participant on the 2018 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour
The minimum group size is four participants; the maximum is 15.
Tour Leaders & Amphibian Guides
All ecotours have:
- One SAVE THE FROGS! Tour Leader with extensive experience leading ecotours. SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger is available by request if the dates fit his schedule.
- One local Amphibian Guide with extensive experience in the region’s amphibians.
- Various other local guides with an array of expertise who join us occasionally.
The recommended Custom Ecotour length is 10 days (9 nights), though we are open to longer or shorter trips.
Please choose from any of the following countries:
- Costa Rica
If your preferred destination is not on the list, let us know and we will see if we can make it happen!
The SAVE THE FROGS! Custom Ecotour pricing is as follows:
- Base cost for a party of four: $6,995 per person
- Base cost for a party of five: $6,845 per person
- Base cost for a party of six: $6,695 per person
- Base cost for a party of seven: $6,545 per person
- Base cost for a party of eight: $6,395 per person
- Base cost for a party of nine: $6,245 per person
- Base cost for a party of ten: $6,095 per person
- Base cost for a party of eleven: $5,945 per person
- Base cost for a party of twelve: $5,795 per person
- Base cost for a party of thirteen: $5,645 per person
- Base cost for a party of fourteen: $5,495 per person
- Base cost for a party of fifteen: $5,345 per person
- Student Discount: Full-time students receive a $100 discount.
- Members Discount: SAVE THE FROGS! Members receive a $100 discount.
- Prices are based on double-occupancy rooms. If you require private accommodation, prices will be higher.
- If you prefer luxury accommodation, it will be at an additional cost if it is available.
All proceeds support SAVE THE FROGS! worldwide amphibian conservation efforts, enabling us to protect amphibians and promote a society that respects and appreciates wildlife and nature.
Your ecotour payment will cover:
- All lodging
- All meals
- In-country transportation
- World-class tour guides and their scientific expertise
It is your responsibility to pay your own costs of:
- International airfare (the tour begins and ends at a major airport in the country where the ecotour takes place)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
- Optional adventure tourism activities
- Note again that you will be required to pay your own airfare to and from the country where the ecotour takes place.
Payment Options & Securing Your Space On The Tour
- To secure your space on the tour, you can pay a $1,500 per person non-refundable deposit if you prefer not to pay in full all at once.
- Full payment is due sixty days prior to the tour start date.
- Failure to pay in full by sixty days prior to the tour start date may result in forfeiture of your deposit money and your space on the ecotour.
- We accept checks and credit cards.
Terms & Conditions
In order to take part on this trip, you will be required to sign a liability waiver acknowledging the inherent risks of ecotourism, and legally releasing SAVE THE FROGS! and affiliated trip operators and personnel from legal damages and consequences.
“I work in ecotourism and would love to do an ecotour in a different ecosystem and photograph frogs, turtles, sloths, plants, landscapes, etc. I think it’s important to choose tours that are ecologically conscious and responsible and SAVE THE FROGS! sounds like a great option.”
— Sara G., Ecology teacher, Chile
Interested In A Custom Ecotour?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you have in mind!