On August 27th, 2013 the US EPA’s Director of Office of Pesticide Programs Dr. Steven Bradbury sent SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger a letter denying our 2011 petition to ban Atrazine (we are continuing to collect signatures!). On September 4th, 2013 Dr. Kriger responded to the EPA with a letter detailing the government’s flawed rationale and requesting a meeting with Dr. Bradbury. The meeting was granted and took place on November 7th, 2013 with Dr. Bradbury and six members of his staff.
At the meeting, Dr. Kriger delivered the EPA an additional 17,935 signatures and asked the following questions:
– Why hasn’t Atrazine been banned?
– Is Administrator McCarthy aware of the Atrazine issue?
– Does the EPA incorporate Dr. Tyrone Hayes’ data into decision making?
– What type of data would result in an EPA decision to ban Atrazine?
– Does the EPA trust the USGS studies?
– Does the EPA trust the USDA data?
– How can the EPA assure us our food is safe if the tests cannot detect atrazine on corn below 15ppm?
– Have any EPA members been informed they will lose their jobs if they ban Atrazine?
– Does Administrator McCarty have the power to ban Atrazine with a signature?
– Will a representative of OPP take part in a public online Q&A?
– Precisely what role do economics hold in the EPA’s decision to ban Atrazine?
– Why does the EPA care to protect the products of a foreign company?
– Does the EPA deny the European Union’s findings regarding Atrazine?
– Approximately how many meetings has the EPA had with pesticide or corn lobbyists regarding Atrazine since May 2011?
We expect to meet again in 2014.
Please sign the petition to ban Atrazine, we are still collecting signatures!
The SAVE THE FROGS! Webmaster is your friendly frog-loving robot who keeps this website running 24/7/365 to ensure that frog enthusiasts around the world are educated, inspired and empowered to save frogs and other amphibians from extinction!