- Written by Michael Starkey Michael Starkey
- Parent Category: Events Events
- Category: Save The Frogs Day Save The Frogs Day
- Created: 29 March 2017 29 March 2017
The 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day (April 29th, 2017) was a fantastic day of amphibian education and conservation action, directly reaching over 10,000 participants, with at least 101 events taking place in 22 countries: Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brazil, Cameroon, Czech Republic, Estonia, Ghana, India, Italy, Mauritius, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, Nigeria, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and the USA. Thanks to everyone who made Save The Frogs Day 2017 possible!
Conceived and coordinated by SAVE THE FROGS!, Save The Frogs Day is the world's largest day of amphibian education and conservation action. On this day we encourage the appreciation and celebration of amphibians by people from all walks of life. Only a small proportion of the public is aware that frogs are disappearing, and amphibian conservation efforts will not be successful with an un-informed public. Our goal is to make the amphibian extinction crisis common knowledge, and Save The Frogs Day is our best way to make this happen!
Here are some highlights from the 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day:
SAVE THE FROGS! supporters organized rallies, marches and parades in their neighborhoods to educate their communities about the benefits of frogs in ecosystems.
Over 200 people marched in Diepsloot, South Africa, to celebrate and raise awareness for African bullfrogs.
Save The Frogs Day educators fostered the next generation to care about amphibians and appreciate nature and wildlife.
In Rajasthan, India, students learned about amphibian ecology and conservation on Save The Frogs Day.
Save The Frogs Day was enthusiastically celebrated at a school in Lagos, Nigeria!
Save The Frogs Day scientists gave presentations about amphibian ecology and conservation to members of their communities.
The Save The Frogs Day team in Sao Paulo, Brazil in the midst of educating 430+ primary school students.
...and thousands around the world became aware of the threats that amphibians face and inspired to protect amphibian populations in their communities.
Save The Frogs Day in Sanepa, Nepal.
Together we can save the frogs!
Be sure to check out these great 9th Annual Save The Frogs Day events:
- North Carolina
Save The Frogs Day at the Sylvan Heights Bird Park
Is your event not listed? Our team is still processing Save The Frogs Day event reports and putting them online. If you have not submitted your event, please do so here.
Please Donate To The Save The Frogs Day Fund!
Since 2009 our supporters have held over 1,300 Save The Frogs Day educational events in 60 countries! These events have helped educate tens of thousands of people about the importance of frogs and ways to protect amphibian populations. Save The Frogs Day is the world's largest day of amphibian education and conservation action, and it is your generous financial support that makes it all possible! Your tax-deductible contribution will enable us to coordinate, promote, expand and improve Save The Frogs Day, and to create all the educational materials that we freely provide to students, teachers, scientists and naturalists around the world. Let's double the size of Save The Frogs Day every year!
The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day is April 28th, 2018. Get involved!
Most Recent Articles
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program: Cash Rewards
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- Ecotours: Name Your Price
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders
- Amanda Cooper on empowering students to save frogs
- One Question Survey
- Building a Wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles County
- Federal Action To Assist Frogs In The Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Buenos Aires Coastal Cleanup
- Dr. Kerry Kriger's Presentation At UFMG (Federal University of Minas Gerais)
- The 4th Brazilian Symposium of Conservation Biology
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Wins Grant To Save Endangered Frogs from Wildfires
- Sponsor the SAVE THE FROGS! Podcast