Please visit our brand new webpage dedicated to Foothill Yellow-Legged Frogs and share it with your friends and colleagues. Since 2010 SAVE THE FROGS! has been working to save these amazing frogs (known in the scientific world as Rana boylii) via various campaigns and our efforts have really heated up in 2015. Here is the new webpage:
Four ways we are saving the Foothill Yellow-Legged Frogs:
Our new Foothill Yellow-Legged Frog webpage describes several ways SAVE THE FROGS! is currently working to protect these threatened frogs:
(1) Preventing the City of San Francisco’s attempts to destroy sections of Alameda Creek
(2) Saving Tesla Park’s Foothill Yellow-Legged Frogs from off-highway vehicles
(3) Working to get Foothill Yellow-Legged Frogs protected under the federal Endangered Species Act.
(4) Stopping the importation of American Bullfrogs into California.
There are also several freely downloadable PDFs on this new webpage, all of which are available for the first time:
(1) A two-page article from SAVE THE FROGS! Magazine, which describes in detail the threats posed to Foothill Yellow-Legged Frogs at Alameda Creek and how you can help prevent the City of San Francisco’s proposed creek alterations.
(2) A nine-page letter to the US Fish & Wildlife Service describing the threats posed to Foothill Yellow-Legged Frogs at Tesla Park and urging them to grant the species full protections under the federal Endangered Species Act.
(3) A six-page letter we sent to the San Francisco Planning Department describing the problems with their proposed Alameda Creek Recapture Project.
Enjoy the new Foothill Yellow-Legged Frog webpage!
The SAVE THE FROGS! Webmaster is your friendly frog-loving robot who keeps this website running 24/7/365 to ensure that frog enthusiasts around the world are educated, inspired and empowered to save frogs and other amphibians from extinction!