- Written by Isla Whitaker Isla Whitaker
- Parent Category: Community Community
- Category: Musicians Musicians
- Created: 13 October 2017 13 October 2017
On April 29th, 2017 I went out to snatch the mail. My neighbor, Andrew Marsh, an old mutual acquaintance of mine, was walking past, and I struck up a conversation as a good neighbor does. I had an idea of how amazing the day was going to be already, but little did I know that later that night I was going to be initiated into a clan of rock'n'roll environmentalists. You see, my neighbor Andrew isn't your ordinary Santa Cruz resident. In fact, Andrew the Wizard, was lead guitarist in a band of anthropomorphic funkadelic superheroes whose mission in life is to save the world's frogs. How? Namely through raising money and awareness about the increasingly dire plight that frogs face. This group, The Frogman Experience, were to rock the Ocean Street Center for Nonviolence that night, and so Andrew extended the invite.
“There's a suggested donation,” he said, “but all proceeds go to benefit SAVE THE FROGS!”
It goes without saying that I was game.
Most Recent Articles
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit ONLINE: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here