- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Take Action Take Action
- Category: Fundraise Fundraise
- Created: 19 May 2017 19 May 2017
Six year old frog lover Justin from California has raised over $500 for SAVE THE FROGS!
His mom describes how: "Justin has always loved frogs since he was a baby and his first froggy blanket (that he still sleeps with nightly). He loves to collect frog toys, draw frog pictures, and go on hikes to look for tadpoles and frogs in creeks. When Justin heard that frogs were endangered, he wanted to help. We decided he could sell little toy frogs for $1.00 and give it to a charity that will help protect frogs in many ways. We went to the library and checked out several books about frogs so we could educate his class and friends about them. Justin even presented to his kindergarten class at Westside Neighborhood School in Los Angeles and made a poster to tell his classmates about little ways they can help. He reminded them to reduce, reuse, and recycle and not to litter or ever eat frog legs!"
"Justin has already sold over 180 frogs. He sold them to his family, neighbors, baseball team, classmates, and is still working on meeting new frog supporters every day. Justin plans on continuing this project for a few months as it has brought his community of friends closer and has given him a lot of pride and purpose. My main goal for doing this is to help my son become confident, reach out to others, make learning fun, and in the end show him that he can make a difference even at the age of 6 years old."
You can contribute to Justin's frog saving efforts at:
Follow Justin's efforts on Instagram at:
Learn how YOU can fundraise for SAVE THE FROGS! at:
Congratulations to Justin for your frog saving successes!
Most Recent Articles
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program: Cash Rewards
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- Ecotours: Name Your Price
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders
- Amanda Cooper on empowering students to save frogs
- One Question Survey
- Building a Wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles County
- Federal Action To Assist Frogs In The Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
- Buenos Aires Coastal Cleanup
- Dr. Kerry Kriger's Presentation At UFMG (Federal University of Minas Gerais)
- The 4th Brazilian Symposium of Conservation Biology
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Wins Grant To Save Endangered Frogs from Wildfires
- Sponsor the SAVE THE FROGS! Podcast
- SAVE THE FROGS! on the Edgar Ortega Radio Show