Six year old frog lover Justin from California has raised over $500 for SAVE THE FROGS!
His mom describes how: "Justin has always loved frogs since he was a baby and his first froggy blanket (that he still sleeps with nightly). He loves to collect frog toys, draw frog pictures, and go on hikes to look for tadpoles and frogs in creeks. When Justin heard that frogs were endangered, he wanted to help. We decided he could sell little toy frogs for $1.00 and give it to a charity that will help protect frogs in many ways. We went to the library and checked out several books about frogs so we could educate his class and friends about them. Justin even presented to his kindergarten class at Westside Neighborhood School in Los Angeles and made a poster to tell his classmates about little ways they can help. He reminded them to reduce, reuse, and recycle and not to litter or ever eat frog legs!"
"Justin has already sold over 180 frogs. He sold them to his family, neighbors, baseball team, classmates, and is still working on meeting new frog supporters every day. Justin plans on continuing this project for a few months as it has brought his community of friends closer and has given him a lot of pride and purpose. My main goal for doing this is to help my son become confident, reach out to others, make learning fun, and in the end show him that he can make a difference even at the age of 6 years old."
You can contribute to Justin's frog saving efforts at:
Follow Justin's efforts on Instagram at:
Learn how YOU can fundraise for SAVE THE FROGS! at:
Congratulations to Justin for your frog saving successes!
Most Recent Articles
- Photos from the 2017 Costa Rica Ecotour
- Book An In-Person SAVE THE FROGS! Presentation
- Book An Online SAVE THE FROGS! Presentation
- Create Your Own Personalized Fundraising Webpage
- Volunteer Position: Social Media Coordinator
- SAVE THE FROGS! Chapters Core Principles
- Wetland Success in Plumas National Forest
- SAVE THE FROGS joins 425 conservation groups in supporting the Endangered Species Act
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana To Co-Host The 17th African Amphibian Working Group Meeting
- Environmental Safeguards Are Not A Barrier To Improving Infrastructure
- One of the most magical things that I've ever experienced
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Kingston, Pennsylvania
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 at KNUST in Kumasi, Ghana
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour Survey
- Photos and Stories from the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour
- Helping Schools Implement California's New Science Standards
- SAVE THE FROGS! Ghana Member Wins Grant To Save The World's Smallest Crocodile
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Tarragona, Spain
- Save The Frogs Day 2017 in Mauritius
- Benefits Of Serving On The Executive Committee Of Your SAVE THE FROGS! Chapter