Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
Parent Category: Take Action Take Action
Category: Fundraise Fundraise
Created: 13 July 2017 13 July 2017
One of the most effective ways to raise funds for SAVE THE FROGS! amphibian conservation projects is to create your own Personalized Fundraising Webpage, and then encourage your friends, family and colleagues to donate to SAVE THE FROGS! through that webpage.
Your personalized fundraising webpage wil:
- Tell your story of why YOU care about amphibians.
- Enable your friends, family and colleagues to securely donate to SAVE THE FROGS! through a dedicated webpage that displays your fundraising goal and how much you have raised.
- Be live 24 hours per day, ready to collect donations on your behalf.
Below is a step by step guide to make it easy for you to create your page. The entire process should take you about an hour...and may result in you raising hundreds or even thousands of dollars for amphibians! We appreciate your assistance and wish you the best of luck in your amphibious fundraising efforts!
For an example of a successful personalized fundraising page, check out six-year old Justin's page or 77-year old Margot's page.
Please note that the money raised through these Personalized Fundraising Webpages goes directly to SAVE THE FROGS! conservation and education projects. The pages are not intended for those who seek to raise funds for their own independent projects.
The frogs depend on enthusiastic SAVE THE FROGS! supporters like you to ensure we have funds to conduct our worldwide amphibian conservation programs. Your fundraising efforts will help us protect amphibians and educate people about the importance of frogs and their habitats.
A step by step guide to creating your Personalized Fundraising Webpage:
- Visit one of the pages listed here:
- Click “Create A Personal Fundraising Page”
- Sign in or create an account
- On the Getting Started screen, click the green CONTINUE button.
- Enter a dollar amount into the “Personal Fundraising Page Fundraising Goal” window.
- $500 is a good starting number for anyone living in a developed country.
- Once you reach your goal, you can continue fundraising just by raising your goal.
- Your starting goal should be achievable — with effort.
- A goal too low will not save as many frogs as possible; a goal too high may not get traction and may not get met.
- Give your page a name in the “Personal Fundraising Page Name” window. You can always change this later. Examples: Kerry's Fundraiser For The Frogs; Janet Smith's Fantastic Froggy Fundraiser
- Enter an inspirational paragraph into the “Write a short mission statement for your Personal Fundraising Page” window. This may be all a potential donor has time to read, so it should inspire them to donate. You should consider including:
- A greeting like: Hi! My name is ...
- Why you love amphibians
- Why you love SAVE THE FROGS!
- Why you decided to fundraise
- A call to action: ask the reader to donate!
- A thank you, such as:
Thank You For Supporting My Favorite Cause! or
Thank you for donating and helping me SAVE THE FROGS!
- In the “Add a detailed description of your Personal Fundraising Page” you have as much space as you need, to:
- Give another call to action to donate: people need to be told what to do. Be polite; don't be shy. Examples:
- Please donate today to help me reach my $500 fundraising goal!
- Please donate today to help me SAVE THE FROGS!
- Please donate today to help SAVE THE FROGS! build wetlands for threatened amphibians!
- Tell your personal story about your relationship with amphibians;
- Detail any volunteer or professional experience that may ensure your potential donors know you are serious about saving amphibians and making the planet a better place for humans and wildlife;
- Stories about why you like SAVE THE FROGS!;
- Information about STF! successes or activities, so that your potential donor knows their donation would be going to an effective organization, running important environmental projects.
- You can mention that SAVE THE FROGS! is a 501(c)(3) public charity and donations are fully tax-deductible.
- Give another call to action to donate today, this time combined with a thanks. In essence you are thanking your reader for donating, as if they already had donated. Examples:
- Thank you so much for donating to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Thank you so much for donating to my SAVE THE FROGS! fundraising campaign!
- Leave blank the box for “Event At (Defaults to Cause Event At Date if left blank)”
- Click Create And Continue.
- Choose Your Theme Color: we recommend Orange as it most nearly matches our official SAVE THE FROGS! colors.
- Set Your Team Profile Image: Add an excellent photo of you and click Done.
- Your image should ideally have you looking happy and with some nature or amphibious scenery.
- The max file size allowed is 500kb, so you may need to use an image resizing program to make your image smaller. Free options include: http://resizeimage.net or http://www.picresize.com
- Set Your Feature Image/Video: here you have the option to provide the URL to a YouTube video to display on your page, or another of your favorite photos. Click Save once you have chosen.
- Click Save And Continue
- Increase Your Impact: On this page, you can:
- Tweet or Facebook post your page
- Invite your friends to help you fundraise by setting up their own personal fundraising page (like a team fundraising together)
- View Your Page
- Click View Your Page
- Examine your page. Edit anything you want changed.
- Click “Edit Team Info” if you want to change your goal now or at any point in the future.
- Click “Public Page” to see your page live (it should open in another window).
- Copy the URL there as that is the URL you will instruct people to go to in order to learn about your campaign and place their donation.
- Verify everything looks good.
- Return to the editing window.
- Optional: Click “Your Personal Page” and add another photo of you (it could be the same one as before if you don't have a third image), and fill in a few lines (or more) in each of the text areas. This actually creates a webpage about you...which links to this and any future fundraising campaigns you create.
- We suggest that you be the first donor...this gets your total raised above $0, which helps people realize this is an actual live campaign. And if you are serious enough about it to donate, your potential donors will be much more likely to donate as well.
- Your donors may want to know if their donation will be tax-deductible; as such, you may want to add to this to your webpage:
SAVE THE FROGS! is a 501(c)(3) public charity and all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Promote your campaign! Email your friends, family and colleagues and ask them to donate, being sure to provide them the URL to your personalized fundraising page. Use social media as well.
Thank you for helping us SAVE THE FROGS! and best of luck with your amphibious efforts! Please contact us with any questions.
Beautiful frog art from India by Praveen Kumar Garg