- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Parent Category: Pesticides Pesticides
- Category: Atrazine Atrazine
- Created: 28 September 2016 28 September 2016
Do you want to drink Atrazine daily for the rest of your life? If not, please go submit an official comment to the USEPA before their call for comments ends on October 5th.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) recently released a 520-page document entitled "Refined Ecological Risk Assessment For Atrazine".
For the first time in its history, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) has released a document that details extensive ecological harm caused by Atrazine, one of the world's most commonly used herbicides. In their 520-page report entitled "Refined Ecological Risk Assessment For Atrazine”, the USEPA in their own words:
“presents the ecological risks posed by the use of the herbicide atrazine. Based on the results from hundreds of toxicity studies on the effects of atrazine on plants and animals, over 20 years of surface water monitoring data, and higher tier aquatic exposure models, this risk assessment concludes that aquatic plant communities are impacted in many areas where atrazine use is heaviest, and there is potential chronic risk to fish, amphibians, and aquatic invertebrates in these same locations…EPA levels of concern for chronic risk are exceeded by as much as 22, 198, and 62 times for birds, mammals, and fish, respectively.”
Do you support the use of pesticides that present potential chronic risk for amphibians? Are you disturbed that the USEPA found levels of chronic concern for mammals were exceeded by as much as 198 times? We are mammals, so I'm sure you are at least slightly disturbed, given that Atrazine is the most commonly detected pesticide in U.S. groundwater, rainwater and tapwater, and the USDA detected atrazine in 94% of American tap water samples.
Take Action Today:
Please go submit an official comment to the USEPA before the October 5th due date.
Dr. Kerry Kriger's Official Comment
You can view SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger's official comment to the EPA right here.
Most Recent Articles
- Ecotour Notifications List
- Bangladesh Frogs Booklet - Free PDF
- Save The Frogs at Discover Amazonia in Scotland
- SAVE THE FROGS! Terms of Service
- What To Bring On Your SAVE THE FROGS! Ecotour
- The 5K Race Against Extinction: May 19th, 2018
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre