SAVE THE FROGS! is calling on you to help us raise $3,000 to upgrade the software that drives our savethefrogs.com website. Here are the Top 10 reasons we need to upgrade the website ASAP!
Please donate and help us improve savethefrogs.com!
(1) The amount of content on the site will grow exponentially because the new software will allow many users to access to the site’s back-end — as opposed to just me! With more content comes more website traffic, meaning more supporters and more frogs saved!
(2) The new site will feature a forum and a social networking area where students, teachers, scientists, naturalist and other frog lovers can ask questions, share information, network and actively communicate with each other.
(3) The new site will have language translation abilities so that we can get the site translated to Spanish, Portugueuse, Hindi, Chinese, Malagasy and other languages from countries where frogs are rapidly disappearing but English is not a common language.
(4) The new savethefrogs.com will have modern shopping cart software that makes it easy for us to add new eco-friendly merchandise to the Gift Center. It also allows us to instantly change prices, meaning we can finally have holiday sales! We will also have gift cards and coupon codes for the site!
(5) The new site would have a cleaner look, with dropdown navigation bars that will allow us to organize all the links, making your navigation of the site much simpler.
(6) Users will be able to register and log-in to the site to post comments on articles, download materials, add photos. Members will be able to access a special members-only section (please join SAVE THE FROGS if you have not yet done so!).
(7) Our donations page would feature recurring donations on a nice looking internal donations page hosted inside our site (not on Paypal), thus resulting in significantly increased donations revenue and a better user experience.
(8) We will be able to have automated ads on the site that would be an important source of additional revenues, and please our nonprofit partners and corporate sponsors. Don’t worry, the ads would be relevant and aesthetically pleasing!
(9) All areas of the site will integrate with our primary database, minimizing our data entry needs, meaning we can spend that time saving the frogs!
(10) The new Joomla platform will be open source, free software, saving us money. Furthermore, Joomla is constantly being improved by an active community of web developer volunteers worldwide.
The SAVE THE FROGS! Webmaster is your friendly frog-loving robot who keeps this website running 24/7/365 to ensure that frog enthusiasts around the world are educated, inspired and empowered to save frogs and other amphibians from extinction!
Let's Stay Connected!
Subscribe to the SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter and get important amphibian conservation updates: