You are invited to a one of a kind SAVE THE FROGS! event in the United Kingdom! Join us in Cambridge on September 18th, 2019 from 2-5pm for an afternoon of amphibian conservation presentations and discussions at world-famous Cambridge University.
SAVE THE FROGS! has joined forces with Froglife, the Amphibian Survival Alliance, and the Cambridge & Peterborough Amphibian and Reptile Group to raise awareness of amphibian population declines and to provide updates on the status of amphibian conservation efforts in the UK and globally. Come and find out what is being done to save amphibians from extinction, and how you can help!
Presenters & Schedule:
- Kathy Wormald
- Froglife CEO
- Steven Allain
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Amphibian & Reptile Group Chairman
- Presentation: "Amphibian Conservation in Cambridgeshire"
- Dr. Laurence Jarvis,
- Froglife Science & Research Manager
- Presentation: "Research Projects at Froglife"
- Dr. Helen Meredith
- Amphibian Survival Alliance (c/o Synchronicity Earth) Executive Director
- Presentation: "A Partnership for Global Amphibian Conservation"
- Break & Refreshments
- Dr. Kerry M. Kriger
- SAVE THE FROGS! Founder, Executive Director & Ecologist
- Winner of Froglife's 2012 Newt Year Honour for "The High Profile Person Representing Amphibians and Reptiles".
- Presentation: "SAVE THE FROGS! -- Translating Science into Action"
Newt Year Honour 2012
The UK charity Froglife awarded SAVE THE FROGS! Founder Dr. Kerry Kriger the 2012 Newt Year Honour for The High Profile Person Representing Amphibians and Reptiles, saying: "Dr Kriger has initiated a global Save The Frogs Day, inspiring people all over the world to celebrate, learn more about and raise funds to protect frogs and their habitats into the future." Previous honours have gone to Sir David Attenborough, Stephen Fry, Monty Python’s Terry Jones, and the creators of Bagpuss for the magical Gabriel the Toad.
David Attenborough Building
Main Seminar Room (1.25 a&b), First floor
If you have any queries, please email Froglife's Communications & Fundraising Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org