- Written by STF! Webmaster STF! Webmaster
- Category: Wetlands Wetlands
- Created: 24 October 2009 24 October 2009
We just received this note from SAVE THE FROGS!' newest member, Hazel Richards:
"Since moving to France, a couple of years ago, my husband and I have been slowly turning our garden into one that is wildlife friendly. We have planted hedges, shrubs, a small copse of hazelnut bushes, a wildflower garden and fruit trees etc. The birds and bats seem to appreciate the increase in insects that now buzz frenetically around the plants throughout the year; As do the large family of fascinating lizards that live amongst the stones in the garden.
This year was particularly hot and dry, with little standing water anywhere locally. The birdbath was frequented by every variety of birds, insects and lizards in the area. For the first time, our garden was also visited by a frog. He was gorgeous and he has decided to stay. As a result, we are building a wildlife pond and a bog garden in the spring, that will hopefully encourage other frogs to visit, and will benefit other animals.
It was trying to find out more about our visiting frog that I came across your website. I have been interested in amphibians for a while, but the visiting frog, your website and watching David Attenborough's DVD "Life in Cold blood" has made me feel that interest alone is not enough. We need to do something as a species to save these incredible and vital creatures. In some small way, I hope that my membership to 'Save The Frogs' and the changes that John and I are making to the garden and to our lives may help.
Thank you for everything that you and your team are doing.
Most Recent Articles
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here
- Why People Donate to SAVE THE FROGS!
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)