- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Category: Wetlands Wetlands
- Created: 01 August 2016 01 August 2016
SAVE THE FROGS! plans to build six wetlands in 2017. Four of the wetlands will be approximately 30-ft diameter and two will be 12-ft diameter. Each wetland takes a full day to build. The large wetlands require heavy equipment (such as an excavator). The small wetlands we will build by hand.
The estimated cost for SAVE THE FROGS! to build a 30-ft wetland is $6,954. This covers the initial site survey, wetland design, coordinating, planning, travel expenses, heavy equipment and equipment operator, building materials, seeds, native vegetation, promotion via our website, newsletter and social media, as well as reporting to funders and partners and a followup site survey.
The estimated cost for SAVE THE FROGS! to build a 12-ft wetland is $3,530. This covers the initial site survey, wetland design, coordinating, planning, travel expenses, building materials, seeds, native vegetation, promotion via our website, newsletter and social media, as well as reporting to funders and partners and a followup site survey.
Thus, the total cost for the SAVE THE FROGS! 2017 wetland program will be approximately $35,582, for which we plan to deliver four large and two small wetlands. Of course we will also to continue to educate, empower, and inspire other frog enthusiasts to build wetlands as well!
We appreciate your financial support to ensure we can build these six wetlands and educate hundreds of volunteers in the process. You can donate here. Thank you!
Most Recent Articles
- Dr. Kerry Kriger Visits India & Bangladesh
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Art Contest
- Winners of the 2017 SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Memories from La Selva Amazon Ecolodge
- A Brand New SAVE THE FROGS! Ecuador Ecotour: July 2018
- Commissioned Frog Art by Jay Manchand
- SAVE THE FROGS! Paraguay Expedition to Parque Guasu
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial Report (2016)
- SAVE THE FROGS! Financial History
- The SAVE THE FROGS! Three Year Plan
- Legal Frogs: The Book
- SAVE THE FROGS! built a wetland at Garvey Intermediate School in Los Angeles
- Ecotours Referrals Program
- Toad-ally Cool Math and Science Integration
- Gilbert Adum Attending University of Cambridge
- How To Catch & Hold A Frog
- SAVE THE FROGS! Photo Contest
- Fantastic New Frog Shirts Available For One Week Only
- The Frogman Experience: Save The Frogs Day 2017 In Santa Cruz, California
- SAVE THE FROGS! and UCLA build wetlands for California Tiger Salamanders