- Written by Dr. Kerry Kriger Dr. Kerry Kriger
- Category: Wetlands Wetlands
- Created: 01 August 2016 01 August 2016
SAVE THE FROGS! plans to build six wetlands in 2017. Four of the wetlands will be approximately 30-ft diameter and two will be 12-ft diameter. Each wetland takes a full day to build. The large wetlands require heavy equipment (such as an excavator). The small wetlands we will build by hand.
The estimated cost for SAVE THE FROGS! to build a 30-ft wetland is $6,954. This covers the initial site survey, wetland design, coordinating, planning, travel expenses, heavy equipment and equipment operator, building materials, seeds, native vegetation, promotion via our website, newsletter and social media, as well as reporting to funders and partners and a followup site survey.
The estimated cost for SAVE THE FROGS! to build a 12-ft wetland is $3,530. This covers the initial site survey, wetland design, coordinating, planning, travel expenses, building materials, seeds, native vegetation, promotion via our website, newsletter and social media, as well as reporting to funders and partners and a followup site survey.
Thus, the total cost for the SAVE THE FROGS! 2017 wetland program will be approximately $35,582, for which we plan to deliver four large and two small wetlands. Of course we will also to continue to educate, empower, and inspire other frog enthusiasts to build wetlands as well!
We appreciate your financial support to ensure we can build these six wetlands and educate hundreds of volunteers in the process. You can donate here. Thank you!
Most Recent Articles
- 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day Award Recipients
- The 10th Annual Save The Frogs Day: April 28th, 2018
- SAVE THE FROGS! Members Aspire To Be...
- Add Your Name To The SAVE THE FROGS! Memberships Waitlist
- Sign Up For The SAVE THE FROGS! Electronic Newsletter
- Do You Work with Amphibians in North America?
- Biraj Shrestha wins fellowship to attend University of California at Santa Cruz
- Save The Frogs Day Award Applications Due March 30th
- SAVE THE FROGS! Letter In Support Of Tesla Park Senate Bill 1316
- Save The Frogs Day 2018 Shirts Available Through March 29th
- Ecuador Ecotour: Name Your Price
- Monteverde Watches joins the SAVE THE FROGS! cause
- Kolkata, India: Dr. Kerry Kriger visits the Rahara Nibedita Art Centre
- Job Opening: Ecotour Leader (Ecuador June 2018)
- Join The SAVE THE FROGS! Facebook Group
- University of Dhaka SAVE THE FROGS! Seminar
- The Save The Frogs World Summit ONLINE: April 27th & 28th, 2018
- How To Donate A Book To SAVE THE FROGS!
- How To Organize A Successful Save The Frogs Day Event
- Register Your Save The Frogs Day Event Here